Chapter 18

'A Twist In Fate'                  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" So, are we good?" he asked as we pulled away.

" Yeah, we are. But I do not want to be in a relationship with you yet. I need to trust you in order to date you and it will not be very easy. I guess, we are just friends." I said while smiling.

I really don't wanna be friends with him because we both have feelings for each other and it will be really awkward for us.

I saw pain in his eyes but he soon covered it with a fake smile.

"Yeah, I understand. I think it was too soon for us. So we are just friends for now." he said emphasising on the words 'now', which made me giggle.

" Let's go down before they start wondering where we are." I said pulling him up with all my strength.

" Wait!" he suddenly exclaimed.

" What?! You scared me!" I said while putting my hand on my heart.

" Um... I'm sorry. But I just wanted to say thank you for another chance and your forgiveness." he said while avoiding eye contact and fiddling with his fingers, something he does when he is nervous. I lifted his chin looking him dead in  the eyes.

" Just one chance Mendes. Don't lose it." I whispered in his ears.

" Never." he whispered back.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

DOUBLE UPDATE. This story is coming to an end and  I am happy and sad at the same time. Happy because, I finally completed my first book and sad because I don't want it to end... Btw thank you so much shawnlikesmuffins for the amazing cover. Secondly I don't know about the sequel yet. I have so many ideas about the ways to end the story and I cant choose one. But the sequel wont release as soon as this story end cause I am starting a new book.  And I will try to end this book this week. So yeah, that's it. Thank you for your amazing support!