Final

Jasey awoke with a sharp headache. The world around her appeared blurry, and her body felt terribly heavy. It took a moment or two, before she had realised that she was, in fact, awake, and alive. She sighed, a frown forming on her delicate face.She knew she would have to face reality soon, and hop out of bed, and do something productive. That's what she would be expected to do. She sighed again. The frown was still painted on her face, causing the corners of her mouth to curl downward.She pulled off her blanket, and climbed out of bed slowly. As she stood, she felt the blood rush to her head, making her exit shaky. After regaining balance, she walked over to the dresser, and looked at her reflection.

Her hair was messy, and big bags had formed under her eyes. Her skin was pale, and she looked dead. Undead. But she wasn't; she was alive. She had somehow made it. And it was at that moment that she realised; she could fight whatever depression had to throw at her. She was strong enough to survive, and she did. She will survive, no matter how miserable she becomes.

And, she smiled.

Fin.

AUTHORS NOTE: This is very important. I had decided to abandon this novel, as it was going in the wrong direction. I had unintentionally romanticised depression and self harm, and that doesn't work for me. So many people kept telling me to update, so I made a concluding chapter in order to kind of highlight that suicide isn't the answer, and you can make it through. I wasn't going for the whole 'tragically beautiful' thing, because that's not what depression is. It's a monster that rips you apart (spoiler: that's a quote from something I'm working on.)

Thank you for all of your patience and understanding with my choice to cut this piece of work short.

- Sam.