thirty five

(this chapter is 90% song lyrics, sorry im just really tired and i feel like this song really really really describes this. listen to it in the multimedia above😊)

Joey's POV

As soon as the boy I love storms out of the apartment, I'm frozen. What the hell just happened? How could he believe Preston and not even listen to me? The thought pains me. Does he really think I'm the same sleaze that I was?

I don't even have the strength to go after him, or Preston. I simply slide down the wall.

This love is tainted
I need you and I hate it

My mind is spinning. Pain tugs at my heart. This feelings is overwhelming me and I allow myself to slip into that familiar numb feeling. I've began to shut down once again. How could something so good, easily switch into something so horrible?

You're caught between a dream
And a movie scene
In a way, you know what I mean

I am unaware of the crime I've committed, maybe because there isn't one. Preston is apart of some ploy, and I sure as hell will figure out what it is. Nobody toys with my relationship. Nobody breaks my baby. Nobody fucks with his mind.

When the dark turns to mist,
I just can't resist it

My heart will love this boy for eternity. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't take me back, who would? He's fragile; easily broken, and once broken, hard to fix. I'm foolishly in love with him and I know this isn't healthy. I know what love I have for him seems to be some immature obsession, but it's not that. I love him with all my heart and energy. He's my everything. And I've lost him.

'Cause I'm a fool for you and the things you do
I'm a fool for you and the things, the things you do
The things you do, the things you do

I attempt to calm my thoughts down, but it doesn't work. The numbing feeling has returned. My thoughts are a jumbled mess, resulting in an undeniably painful migraine. How can one boy be my whole world? Never in a million years did I think the meek boy who foolishly played truth or dare would end up being the love of my life.

Now that I've lost him, what have I got left? Absolutely nothing.

And before I am aware of the situation I'm in, I find myself stumbling out to my car, hopping into the driver's seat and immediately putting the key in the ignition. My friends or presses down onto the gas pedal harshly as I speed off into the night.

My car takes me to the exact place I had hoped. That same bridge that Daniel found me on that bitter night. I know he'll find me again. Except this time, I won't be alive to thank him.

(a/n: guys i wrote this at 3am and i didn't even realize i did. i didn't proof read it so i hope it makes sense.)