twenty seven

Daniel's POV

I wake up the next morning, Joey's arm wrapped around me. I smile at the familiar feeling, sitting up carefully and placing his arm back onto the bed. He continues to sleep peacefully as I tiptoe out of my room and into the hallway. As I enter the kitchen, Hope sits at the table sipping a cup of coffee.

"Morning," I greet her, and she looks up.

"Well hello there Danny." she responds, smirking. I frown in confusion but continue on my way to the fridge, grabbing the orange juice and pouring myself a glass.

"How did you sleep last night?" Hope asks, watching me intently. I take the chair beside her, sitting down.

"Very well, thanks. And you?" I ask, smiling as I take a sip of orange juice.

"Well, I didn't fall asleep for a while, but once I did it was good." she says, continuing to smirk at me.

"What's that face for?" I ask, laughing lightly. She shrugs, taking another sip of her drink.

"Oh nothing. Your hair sure is wild today." she randomly comments, and I feel a blush creep upon my cheeks.

"Oh, um. I must've been a wild sleeper last night." I chuckle, looking around awkwardly. She continues to smirk at me and I frown slightly.

It begins to make me feel uncomfortable, so I grab my juice and stand up, taking a long sip and beginning to walk down the hallway.

"Oh, and Daniel!" Hope calls after me, and I turn around, continuing to drink my juice.

"You two need to learn how to be quiet." she says loudly, and I begin choking. I nod quickly before scurrying off into the bedroom and closing the door.

(a/n: small and short, but it does the job...

that's what she said.)