twenty four

Daniel's POV

I pull up a chair beside his bed, keeping ahold of his hand.

"I'm so–" Joey begins saying, but I cut him off.

"Please, don't apologize. I'm the one who caused this accident anyways. If it wasn't for me calling, you'd still be in perfect shape." I say softly and he squeezes my hand gently.

"Don't blame yourself. I shouldn't have been stupid enough to use my phone while driving down a busy road." he sighs, looking up at me.

I sigh as well, a pout overtaking my face.

"Will you forgive me for what I've done?" Joey asks quietly, looking down to the ground shamefully.

I smile slightly, placing my finger under his chin and turning his head upwards.

"We don't have to talk about this right now or make anything official. I know what you did was wrong, but I also know you realize it was wrong as well. I love you Joey, I always will. I want nothing more than to put this behind us, but I need time." I tell him, and he nods slowly.

"I can respect that. I'll wait as long as I need to for you." he says, smiling. "But we can start talking again, right?"

I nod, pushing a stray hair off his forehead.

"Of course. But we really don't need to discuss this right now, Joey. You need to rest and focus on healing. When you get out of the hospital, we'll do something and talk about us. But for now, let's just live in the moment and help you to recover from this." I respond, smiling. He nods, his eyes fluttering.

"You should sleep." I state, standing up and letting go of his hand.

He immediately reached for my hand, pulling me back towards him.

"P-Please, stay." he whispers, his eyes beginning to water. I smile sympathetically, sitting back down.

"Always."

(a/n: gUyS iVe gOT cRaMPS)