twenty five

Daniel's POV

As the week went by, Joey gradually got better. He was released from the hospital and was currently staying with Hope and I. I couldn't just let him go back to that stupid frat house.

"So, you're saying you want the boy who fucking shattered your heart to stay with us?" Hope had said to me when I asked for her permission.

"Um...yes?" I said, more as a question than a statement. She had then sighed and gave in, knowing how much I wanted him here.

We all currently sat in the living room, watching a cheesy horror movie. I allowed Joey to rest his broken leg on me, knowing how much pain it had been causing him. His arm seemed to be healing much faster, as the break wasn't nearly as bad in his arm as it was in his leg. Joey had been sleeping on the couch voluntarily. He knew I wasn't comfortable with him staying in my room, so he respected it.

"Don't fucking go into the attic you airhead!" Joey screamed at the TV, a frown covering his face. I laughed, looking over at him and smiling.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." Joey says teasingly, not even looking in my direction. I feel a brush creep upon my cheeks, causing me to turn my attention back on the movie.

"Guys, I don't think I can stay up much longer. I'm gonna hit the sack." Hope announces, waving as she exits the living room and heads into her bedroom.

"And then there were two." I mumble quietly, seeing Joey look up at me.

We watch the rest of the movie in silence, me yawning regularly.

"Are you tired?" Joey asks, and I nod. "Go to sleep, babe."

I smile at the unfamiliar pet name, as he hadn't called me that in a while. I gently place his leg onto the couch, going over to hug him goodnight. As I lean in, something in my mind changes. Instead of a hug, our lips connect. He's surprised by the gesture, as am I, but he immediately kisses back. His hand grips onto my hair and I climb on top of him, making sure not to put any weight onto his broken limps. I pull away to catch my breath, looking at him. He smiles, me smiling back, before we crash our lips together once again.

(a/n: this is random af, but I just walked into the living room and said to my mom and sister:

"Why say amen, when you can say GAY MEN!!!"

okay bye)