twenty

So so so sorry for the long wait! I didn't realize I hadn't updated in 5 days...oopsies! I'll try not to do that again!

Daniel's POV

I feel tears beginning to roll down my cheeks as I take in the sight before me. Did this really just happen? Is Preston actually dead? I know I shouldn't be this affected, but he was trying to help me. I knew somewhere deep down, he had a kind heart.

"What the hell?" I hear Christian's booming voice, staring directly at the bloody body lying on the ground. "Did you fucking do this?"

I shake my head from side to side frantically, shrinking down as he inches closer to me. He stares at the body before looking back at me.

"You," he growls lowly, pointing his finger at me, "you will fucking pay for this!" he snaps, growing angry and punching the wall. I flinch, the tears continuing to stream down my face.

"Don't move a fucking muscle." he snaps before storming out of the room.

I glance at Preston's dead body, his head resting in a puddle of crimson red blood. I then see a key chain sitting carelessly in his pocket, peeking my interest. I move my leg forward, kicking his pocket until the keys fall with a jingling sound onto the floor. I kick them towards me, watching the stairs cautiously. I begin wriggling my wrist, trying to break free from the handcuffs. I squeeze my hand, attempting to make it as small as possible. I wince as the metal of the handcuffs slices my hand, but I continue attempting to get my hand out.

The feeling is slowly beginning to become unbearable, until I feel my hand slip out of the handcuff. A good chunk of skin has sliced off, but I ignore the pain and grab the key chain. One of these keys has to be for the handcuffs. My eyes land on a tiny key, and I assume that's the one. I wiggle the key into the small key hole and sure enough, I was right. The cuff opens and I sigh in relief, standing up.

"And what do you think you're doing?" I suddenly hear Christian's voice, causing me to whimper. He walks closer to me, and out of defence, I kick him hard.

As he stumbles backwards, I start running. I can tell he's behind me, but I try not to focus on that. Until suddenly, I hear a gunshot. And this time...

I fall to the ground.

(A/n: sorry this is absolutely horrid. Lately I've been feeling like my writing is absolute shit. I'm very sorry. I just haven't been at my best writing ability...)