sixteen

Daniel's POV

I back away once again, fear enveloping my body.

"P-Preston g-go away p-please," I plead, and he immediately stops dead in his tracks.

"Oh god I'm so sorry, Daniel. I didn't mean to scare you I promise," he says quietly, attempting to touch me. I flinch, jerking away and backing up.

"Just go away!" I exclaim, watching his facial features change. He nods slowly, beginning to walk away. He stops one last time, turning to look at me.

"Just remember what I told you, Danny boy." he says before walking down the long corridor.

I place my hand over my heart, my breathing unsteady. A million thoughts begin flowing through my mind, but one in particular stands out from the rest.

Joseph Michael Graceffa was in fact, cheating on me.

                                        •••

Preston's POV

I smirk, walking down the corridor and out the doors. That gullible coward will believe anything, huh? He should know his precious little Joey would never cheat on him. Especially not with me. But it's all part of the master plan.

As I walk to the familiar car, I feel a slight pang of guilt but the coldness quickly envelopes my heart once again. Opening the car door, I slide inside.

"So, did you do it?" Christian asks from beside me, and I nod. "Did he believe you?"

I shrug, thinking for a moment. "I think he did."

Christian smashes his hands on the steering wheel, growing frustrated.

"You think? That's not good enough, Preston!" he yells loudly, the sound causing me to flinch.

"Why does this all matter anyways? It's not like Daniel is going to run back to you." I snap, crossing my arms over my chest and pouting.

He huffs in annoyance. "Preston, you don't understand. Don't you want to hurt Joey after what he did you?" he asks, and I nod my head meekly.

"That's what I thought. And the only way to do that is to take away the one thing he loves in life." he continues on, causing me to furrow my eyebrows at him.

"Which is...?" I question, watching him roll his eyes.

"Daniel."

(a/n: I honestly don't know how much longer I can do this...it's gotten much too hard just to wake up in the morning...)