Explanations

Jay's POV

I sit here for a long time, just holding her in my arms. The news she gave me was so shocking, but it finally meant that she trusted me. The way she told me because she wanted to absolutely touched my heart. She is dying. There is no way around that one. I can't leave her either. It breaks my heart to see how much she actually wants to live. Not just for herself, but for me. That proves how much she actually loves me. She's never actually said it out loud, but she doesn't have to. I know.

"I'm so sorry for keeping this from you", she says between tears. I try to wipe them from her cheeks, but new ones keep streaming down.

"You had every right to. This is not something you tell just anyone. I'm glad you chose to trust me", I whisper while kissing her lips softly, they taste like salt.

"Still, you deserved to know this before getting involved with me.." Her lips are inches away from mine.

"I'd still be here if I'd known from the start. This doesn't change how I feel about you", I reassure her and she even smiles a little.

She's lost her parents to this disease and now she's losing her own life. All of her family has been taken away from her. I'll be her family from now on. She will have someone she can count on, someone who is there for her. Abandoning her is not an option. Even if it tears me apart from the inside out.

"I don't even know how I'm going to survive this, let alone not hurt you.." She whispers more to herself than to me.

"I'm a big boy, I can handle this myself. I'll say it again: you are still the same person I love.." And then it hits me. I just told her I loved her.

She pulls back her head to look at me in surprise. Her eyes go wide and she smiled heavily. "Did you just?"

"Oh, what the heck. Yes: I love you", I kiss her lips a little more forcefully.

"I love you too." Her whisper is soft against my lips as we press against each other.

My heart swells at how much she holds on to me. It's not out usual kiss, it's more desperate from both ends as my heart speeds up. I feel the beat of her heart against my chest, it's the same tempo as mine. We're both under some kind of spell of each other. It's driving me insane to just hold her in my arms. And it's weird to care for someone as much as I care for her. I've never cared for someone this much except for my family. They mean absolutely everything to me, but Yeri has been creeping in too. And before I knew it, she had a big spot in my heart. It's too late to run away now. Even if she is sick, even if she doesn't have too long. I will try to give her everything I have and more. She's getting all of me, if she wants to. But the fact that she told me about her illness means she really feels this way about me. I don't think anyone has ever loved me for... me. It's very rare to find a girl who cares so much about you like she cares for me. 

"Yeri?" I whisper softly into her ear as she nestles her face in my neck. 

"Jay?" she retorts and it earns her a little chuckle from the base of my throat. 

"I want you to know I'll be here. No matter what. I'm not playing games", I confess to her. Since I already told her I love her, this is just the next step for me. 

"You don't have to. It's going to be hard for you too. The last thing I want is to drag you into something you never asked for. Let alone take care of me. If it's too much, I get it. But if you don't get out now, you can't leave later on", she makes sure I know how she feels about everything.