Truth?

Jay's POV

I immediately sober up once we're outside. What the hell was that jerk talking about and why did Yeri want to leave so bad after hearing him say that. She looks like she's seen a ghost and that doesn't reassure me at all. Did he just say 'illness'?

"I do expect an explanation to all of this, tonight", I tell her with a firm voice. This has been going on for way too long.

She bites her lip and looks totally disoriented. Her deep brown eyes meet mine and I can tell this isn't an ordinary subject. Her eyes are never this serious. They are deadly serious. And I scares the hell out of me to be honest.

"Let's talk about this at home, okay?" She tells me and I'm not buying her bullshit. But I'm giving her the time to figure this out. By the looks of it, it seems very hard to say. But why the hell does that guy know and I don't?

"Fine. Answer just one question for now", that's the compromise I'm willing to make.

"Okay."

"Who the hell is he? And why does he keep on showing up?"

"My ex. And because he can't let things go."

Her reply is short and it makes me think that she's incredibly mad at him. Furious even. Her hands are in fists by her side as we get in to the car. I'm driving since I feel all sober again.

The car ride is silent and I can see her mulling everything over in her head. I can actually hear the wheels turning in there. My head is throbbing with pain because of the booze and all the problems I'm facing. This should be an easy relationship and it has been for the past few days. We've been getting along these 2 weeks and I love it. But something had to come and fuck it up, didn't it.

Once arriving at my place, our place, she storms inside. I follow her as fast as I can but it's hard. Before I know it she's in the bedroom on the bed and staring out in front of her. What the hell is going on inside that pretty little head of hers?

"Yeri?" I ask cautiously while approaching her. I see her snapping out of her little trance as she finally looks at me.

"I'm sorry, I just.." She says and trails off.

"It's fine. Just tell me what's going on here." I motion back and forth between us and she looks at my hands instead of my face. "What did he mean by illness?"

Her eyes immediately rise at the word. It seems to strike her very hard when I say it. She shakes her head at me, like she's trying to shake the problems away. Well, that's not going to work.

"Look, Jisoo has serious issues..." She starts and I can already smell the bs she's trying to sell. "He's trying to piss both you and me off. My parents were kind of ill and now he's trying to make me pay for the fact that I broke up with him. After I caught him cheating on me, as a matter of fact. The jerk."

"Then why did you react like that?" I shoot back while sitting down on a chair opposite her.

"Because it hurts to hear him say that."

"And why are you strapped to that thing every morning and evening?"

Her eyes shoot up with daggers. I clearly hit a nerve.