2/ Getting Started

When you've succesfully logged in thanks to the activation link or activation code, you finally have your own personal profile on Wattpad. In this part, you'll find out how to edit the most important account settings.

On the right, you should see a checklist of things to do so you can get the most out of your Wattpad profile. The more you do on Wattpad, the more things will get crossed of that list. If you want to, you can hide this list by clicking on "hide"

*** ACCOUNT SETTINGS ***

1/ ABOUT ME

First on the before-mentioned to-do list is "Add an About Me entry". You can simply click on this link in that checklist, doing this will bring you directly to the right page. Or, choose "My Account" in the drop-down menu that appears when you hover the mouse over the small display picture at the top of this page, there where it says "Hi username"

In your “About Me” you can use up to 2000 characters to tell other people a little bit about yourself. (note: Html codes and links don’t work in this section. ) A lot of Wattpad members mention something about their favorite books, authors, music, hobbies,etc…

When you’re done writing, click "Save"

NOTE: Don't leave this page just yet if you want to make more changes to your account settings

2. PROFILE PICTURE

You can change your profile picture to anything you want, just make sure it’s not any offensive or restricted material.

Wattpad recommends to upload a 128x128 jpeg or gif file from your computer.

3. BACKGROUND PICTURE

You can change the background picture to anything you want, just make sure it’s not any offensive or restricted material. Wattpad recommends to upload  jpeg or gif file up to 1Mb from your computer.

4. CONNECT

Connect your Wattpad profile to your Twitter account, Facebook Account and/or Tumblr account

*** NOTIFICATION SETTINGS ***

You can now switch to the notifications tab to edit your notification settings.(just click “notifications”, this is right next to “account”)

1. MESSAGES

Receive an email notification when someone writes on your message board , Someone becomes your fan , someone comments on your story, someone mentions you in a comment, when you receive a private message or when there’s a new post in your favorite discussion in the Clubs

2. FAN ALERTS

Receive an email notification when someone becomes a fan of you, or when someone you’re a fan of broadcasts a message to their fans.

3. UPDATES

Receive an email notification when Wattpad has important announcements.

Click "Save" when you’re done making changes.