81. Rescue mission: Remembrance

'Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same'

-Anonymous
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*This chapter is just of Ruka's memories*

P.S. These memories happen at different time periods of her life and not the next day.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ready or not! Here I come!"

The little silver haired girl giggled as her friend tried to find her. The girl was confident that he wouldn't find her seeing as this was her best hiding spot. Besides, how do you find anyone in a castle this large?

"Found you!"

The three year old girl yelped in surprise and turned to see Kuro staring at her with a toothy grin. The silver haired girl crossed her arms and huffed angrily as Kuro's smile vanished.

"Cheater" the little girl exclaimed as Kuro got an offended look.

"Did not, Ruka!" Kuro exclaimed sitting next to her.

Ruka glared at him angrily and Kuro gulped under her gaze. If it was possible for any three year old to look so intimidating, Ruka pulled it off perfectly.

"Are all five years olds cheaters" Ruka asked her friend curiously.

"Hey!" Kuro exclaimed "you're going to be five someday!"

"Yeah but I won't be a cheater" Ruka said, smiling as she stuck her tongue out at him.

Kuro leaned forward and bit her tongue as Ruka let out a small groan, and leaned back.

"Owie, Kuro!" She said in a small voice "now you have to kiss it better you baka!"

Kuro blushed a deep red and stared at her in slightly confusion.

"H-How do I do that?" He questioned "your tongue is all wet and slimy."

Ruka thought about this for a moment then conjured up a solution she thought would work better.

"Kiss my lips instead so my tongue feels it" she said happily.

Kuro shrugged and leaned forward as their lips met. Ruka didn't know why but her cheeks flushed a deep red as Kuro's did the same. The two broke apart and stared at each other for a long time.

"Did your tongue feel that?"

"I think so."

*****

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

Ruka jumped in surprise as Kuro appeared from nowhere with a small cupcake in his hand.

"Baka" Ruka said smiling "the party ended ages ago, it's almost time for bed."

"I know" Kuro said walking over to her "but you're four years old now, and I wanted to give you my own special birthday surprise."

Ruka flushed red and smiled at her friend as his black eyes stared into her golden ones.

"Thank you Kuro-kun" she said taking the cupcake and biting into it.

The two walked over and sat her the giant purple bed as they began to talk.

"Kuro" Ruka asked suddenly "what's it like having a dad?"