39. Feel my pain

'The future depends on what we do in the present'

-Mahatma Ghandi
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We ended up returning to the house 5 hours later due to the fact that Naruto refused to leave until he successfully climbed his tree and Sasuke wanted the same.

As we were currently walking to the house, Naruto and Sasuke each had a arm draped around each other's shoulders and were walking as they supported each other. They were exhausted, it had taken them so long to finally get to the top of the tree but now they seem so happy.

"Ruka?"

I jumped and my heart leapt, startled my name had been called so suddenly.

"Y-Yeah?" I said unaware who called me.

"I'm going to be Hokage."

Oh, it must have been Naruto. I smiled and nodded my head.

"Yes. Yes you are."

*****

"Ruka! Naruto! Sasuke!" Tsunami said as the door opened and we walked in "where have you three been?!"

"She's right" Kakashi Sensei said staring into space "it's very late you three."

Why do I feel like Kakashi Sensei doesn't even really care that much?

"Ruka!" Sakura said in relief "you're finally back! Are you guys ok?"

"We're fine, believe it!" Naruto said happily "Sasuke and I got to the top of our trees and Ruka helped us! Things couldn't be better!"

"You finally got to the top of your trees, huh" Kakashi Sensei said "good job you three. I guess I'm proud."

We smiled and took a seat at the table as Naruto and Sasuke tore into their food like hungry wolfs. I watched them in disbelief, the male stomach is very large. I heard a sniffle and I looked over at Inari to notice he was crying.

"Inari" I said silencing the table "are you ok?"

Inari wiped at his eyes, which were overflowing with tears, and angrily glared at me.

"You're all going to die!" He said his voice high "none of this matters. You think you're strong but you're weak! Gatō will rip you to shreds because you don't understand suffering like I do! You never will!"

Everyone stared at Inari and his words were like a key unlocking a door I didn't want to open. Images of my grandfather tormenting me swarmed my mind, images of being called numerous names and getting punched and kicked at school appeared. Finally, the image of being rejected by everyone and knowing I'll never amount to anything resurfaces and I felt my eyes blur.

"Listen here you brat!" Naruto said angrily standing up "you really think you have it that bad?! Oh, GROW UP! At least you have a mom to wake up to everyday! I don't and neither does Ruka! We don't HAVE any parents or family that cared about us! Where we come from we're rejects and you act like you have it bad! When you get called a monster and a freak by your own village for 12 years then come talk to me about pain! When you get abused by your grandparents and everyone at school for 12 years then come talk to me about pain! However, as far as I'm concerned you don't know anything! YOU'RE JUST A COWARD!"

On that final note, Naruto pushed away from the table and angrily stormed off. Seconds later the slamming of a door echoed all around the house. The whole table was in complete silence and I realized everyone was staring at me. Oh yeah, I hadn't told them about that.