16. Training

'In dreams, we enter a world that is entirely our own'

-Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sighed deeply and clutched the necklace tighter in my hand as I leapt out of bed, and did my usual morning routine. I took a shower, brushed me teeth and hair, then got dressed. After I was done I stared at myself in the mirror for a long time.

My eyes....they're such a dull gold.

I don't see why people find them beautiful. These are the eyes of a girl that hardly finds happiness. I stared down at the necklace in my hand and hesitated before clipping it around me neck and tucking it under my shirt. I'll keep it a secret; I don't want anyone asking questions or gawking. I checked to make sure the necklace was tucked under my shirt, before opening the door and heading towards the kitchen.

Upon arrival I saw Granddad and Konohamaru both sitting at the table eating pancakes. There was a spare plate sitting in front of an empty seat and I smiled. I went over and slowly sat down as Konohamaru watched me with wide eyes.

"G-Good morning Ruka-chan" he said blushing "I made you some orange juice!"

Ruka-chan?

Hmm, that's new....he pushed a cup of orange juice towards me and I smiled.

"Thank you Konohamaru" I said taking a sip.

It was sweet and rich, so I enjoyed it very much. I began to munch on my pancakes as Granddad looked over at me.

"Ruka" he said slowly "I've decided you will start your training today."

Training?

I set down my fork with a small clink and nodded hesitantly. To be honest I've forgotten all about training; so much has been going on lately. Granddad finished his pancakes and stood up as he wiped his mouth on a napkin.

"I'll let you finish your breakfast then we will leave" he said simply.

I nodded again and he left the dining room as I stared at me orange juice. Training, huh....I wonder how it will go.

"Konohamaru?"

"Y-Yes?!" He replied, his cheeks turning a dark shade of red.

"Are you becoming a ninja as well" I asked curiously.

"Yeah" Konohamaru said excitedly "but I go to the academy; it's a rare thing for Granddad to take time out of his schedule to train you."

Rare?

I finished off the last of my orange juice and left my pancakes half eaten as I stood up. Guess I better get ready to go; I hope this training goes good.

*****

"Ok" Granddad said standing in front of me as we stood in the middle of the forest "first I am going to help you with your Chakra control and see what elements you best possess."

"Chakra?" I asked titling my head to the side.

"Chakra is like your second life source" Granddad explained "you need it for things like producing fireballs, walking on water, and many other things."

I nodded and Granddad stood in front of me. This place is so weird....wouldn't it hurt to produce fireballs?

"Now" he said slowly "I want you to close your eyes and concentrate on any hand sign I showed you earlier. Think you can do that?"

I nodded and made a hand sign as I closed my eyes and concentrated. I'm not sure what I was looking for, but I concentrated deeply anyway. After a while I saw a small faint glow piercing the darkness from my eyelids and I concentrated on it. The glow got brighter and brighter and I recognized it to be a sort of blue like mist.

Wow! Is that suppose to be my Chakra?!

I continued to stare at the blue mist with my closed eyes when something strange happened. The blue mist started to swirl around fast in a cylinder and it turned gold as it glowed brighter.
What's happening?! Why'd it turn gold?!

I heard Granddad say something to me but I couldn't hear him as I watched the golden Chakra swirl faster and glow brighter. I felt a strong sudden aching pain in my chest and I winced as I snapped my eyes open.

Big mistake....

As I snapped my eyes open their was a loud explosion that made my ears ring and I was thrown back into a tree. I winced and felt my vision darken as I fell unconscious.

~Lord Hokage's POV~

I watched happily as blue Chakra began to surround Ruka like a cloak. She's a fast learner that's for sure; I was just about to tell her to release her Chakra when it started to swirl in a rapid pace around her body and it turn gold, shining almost as brightly as the sun itself.

Hmm....this is unusual; golden Chakra?

I've never seen the likes of it. The feel of the golden Chakra in the atmosphere felt very feminine and powerful and I knew it would attract the attention of my Jonins.

"Ruka you can let go now" I said slightly worried.

She ignored my pleads and the Chakra spun faster as her countenance turned into one of pain and she opened her eyes. As soon as she did the Chakra exploded in different directions; catching multiple trees on fire and even ripping them from the ground completely; roots and all.

Ruka went flying back and slammed into a tree as she slumped down unconscious. I waited for the golden Chakra to subside and as soon as it did my Jonins appeared.

"Lord Hokage" Kakashi said "we sensed the Chakra from miles away. Are you ok?"

"I'm fine" I said nodding "just a little accident that's all."

"Who did that Chakra come from" Asume asked curiously.

I pointed at Ruka still slumped on the ground unconscious, and they all stared at her in disbelief.

"A child?" Iruka asked in disbelief "Lord Hokage are you sure?"

"She's just like Naruto" I replied as they stared in disbelief "I'm sure."

They all nodded and Guy picked her up as we walked to my office. What a powerful child; her strength towers above Naruto's. Just how powerful is that demon?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Hey guys! That's the end of chapter. 16. I told you we would get to the training part soon. I might devote Chapter. 17 on information about Ruka and put more training in Chapter. 18. I haven't decided yet.

Naruto: This chapter was cool! Believe it! I never met somebody with golden Chakra before!

Ruka: It is very strange..... Story_of_Fate13 doesn't own Naruto by the way.

Me: Later guys!