24. My 'first kiss'

'Don't judge my path if you haven't walked my journey'

-Anonymous
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, after I had finished getting dressed, I tucked my necklace under my shirt like I usually do, and sighed deeply. I passed the graduation exam; now it's time for me to be put into a team.

I stared at my headband on the desk and slowly picked it up. I had decided to get a black one; they had a choice between blue or black but I felt like the black one would suit me more. I'm just debating where I should put it. Should I use it as a hair clip like most girls, or should I put it on my forehead like most boys? I continued to stare at the headband for a long time then came to my conclusion and clipped it around my wrist.

There now it's sort of like a bracelet. I slipped on my shoes, and left the house happily with a small smile on my face as I walked to the academy. I can't believe I graduated; it just saddens me to know Naruto won't be there. The smile on my face instantly dropped and I frowned. I really wish you would have graduated Naruto.

As I neared the front door of the academy; I was about to go in when I felt someone tugging on my wrist from behind. I turned around and saw Naruto smiling at me happily. I stared at him for a long time wondering what he was doing here when I saw a blue regulation headband around his forehead.

"You passed!" I said in disbelief as my eyes widened.

"Yeah!" Naruto exclaimed happily "incredible right?"

"How" I asked confused.

Naruto stared at me for a while then nervously bit his lip. What's wrong with him? Why's he so nervous all of a sudden?

"I can't tell you here" he explained "I'll tell you later though. I promise."

I nodded and he smiled before grabbing my hand and taking me inside. Naruto graduated....I couldn't help the small smile that crept on my face; he graduated.

*****

Naruto and I took our seats next to each other quietly talking when the door busted up. I turned to see what all the commotion was about and wasn't surprised when Sakura and Ino came running through the door; arguing loudly. Those two argued constantly. They came over to us and elbowed Naruto hard in the stomach as he fell out of the seat and groaned in pain.

Oh, poor Naruto.

"Hi Ruka" Sakura said smiling sweetly "you look very pretty today!"

I blushed slightly and muttered a small thank you for the compliment. Wait, do I not look pretty everyday? Oh....

"Hey" Sakura continued "since the seat next to you is empty do you mind if I sit in the middle of you and Sasuke?"

I frowned slightly; why are they always so obsessed with Sasuke? I understand he is rather good looking, but all the same he's rather rude and demanding.

"If it makes you happy Sakura" I said shrugging.

Sakura blushed a deep red and smiled happily as she began to sit there. Before she could Ino pulled her back and the two started to argue about who should sit there. I sighed; those two will never get along. I heard a small thump next to me and I turned to see Naruto had jumped on the desk and was glaring angrily at Sasuke. Sasuke; who is usually in his own world; turned towards Naruto and angrily glared back at him.

Sakura and Ino stopped arguing and started yelling at Naruto instead. Everyone watched the scene that was occurring as Naruto leaned closer and continued to glare at Saskue who looked past angry. Suddenly, before anyone could react Naruto's lips connected with Sasuke's and all was silent. I gasped and covered my mouth with my hand as Sasuke and Naruto violently ripped their lips from each other and started gagging.

"Oh my God..." I muttered as Naruto looked over at me.

"Ruka" he began shaking his head furiously "that was an accident! Believe it!"

How do you accidently kiss someone?!

"Oh my God...." I muttered again still staring in disbelief.

"YOU!" Sakura said angrily grabbing Naruto by the collar as all Saskue's fan girls crowded around "YOU STOLE SASUKE'S FIRST KISS!"

Naruto's....first....kiss.

I turned beet red and continued to stare at the scene as Sasuke growled angrily and continued wiping his mouth.

"Well in Naruto's defense" Shikamaru said before Sakura could hit Naruto "that was his first kiss too so it's bad either way."

Everyone stared at Naruto for confirmation as he hurriedly shook his head.

"No way!" Naruto said "my first kiss was definitely not with Sasuke or any boy! Believe it!"

Naruto....kissed a girl before?

The thought of Naruto kissing another girl clouded my mind and I frowned. Why does thinking about that hurt so much? Naruto's free to kiss whoever he wants.

"Ok then" Sakura said "who was your first kiss Naruto?!"

Naruto hesitated for a minute then muttered out the last thing anyone was expecting.

"Ruka."

Silence.

T-That's me...

My eyes turned as big as saucers as my breath hitched in my throat. Everyone's jaw dropped in surprise and everyone stared at me as I continued to cover my mouth with my hand. Naruto just lied. He told a very big lie.

"Ruka" Sakura said slowly "is that true?"

No!

My eyes connected with Naruto's and he mouthed a small sorry. I continued to stare at him for a long time when a flashback triggered in my mind.

~Flashback~

"Don't forget Kinase" the boy said "we were destined to be mates. No matter where you go. I will always find you!"

Then he kissed me; hard. I wanted to fight back; I wanted to stop this, but Kinase had full control of my body. I couldn't move. I kissed the boy back.

~Flashback ends~

Oh my God....I did kiss Naruto before!

I remember now! Kinase had taken control of my body, and forced me to kiss him! Oh God! How did I forget that?!

"Ruka?"

"Yes!" I squealed loudly with a huge blush on my face and neck "we did!"

Everyone continued to stare back and forth between Naruto and I.

Oh god....could this day get any worst?!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Wow. That was some chapter! Ruka isn't too happy about that lie Naruto just told.

Ruka: *Cracks knuckles* No. I'm not.

Naruto: W-Wait a minute! When you think about it; I wasn't lying!

Ruka: *Walks over to Naruto.*

Naruto: Oh crap! *Runs away.*

Ruka: GET BACK HERE!

Sasuke: What losers. Story_of_Fate13 doesn't own Naruto.

Me: Later guys!