12. S-Staring contest?

'A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step'

-Confucius
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why did he have to notice me?

Oh god....I don't want to turn around!

I gulped nervously and slowly turned around as I stared into the boys onyx eyes. His gaze was still firm and cold like when we very first met. It held no warm greeting or friendliness that Naruto had. He continued to examine me with his piercing gaze and I lowered my eyes to the ground. I don't want him to get mad if I keep staring at him.

"Who are you" he asked suspiciously "I've never seen you before."

I considered running like I had done with Naruto but....

"If you try to run I'll catch you" the boy threatened.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I exhaled deeply and grew uncomfortable as the boy kept staring at me. I guess I really have no choice do I?

"M-my names R-R-Ruka" I said shyly.

The boy narrowed his eyes suspiciously and continued to stare at me. Maybe I should ask what his name is. It's only polite.... right?

"W-what's your name?" I asked looking back up into his eyes.

His eyes widened slightly then he angrily glared at me as though I had just insulted him.

Ok....maybe it's not polite!

He continued to glare at me like he wanted to kill me, and fear slowly started seeping into my pores. Why is he so intimidating?

"My name" he said his voice as cold as ice "is none of your business."

With that he walked off as I stared at him in fear and disbelief.

None of my business?

Just who exactly is he?

What is his name?

I gave a long sigh of relief as he turned the corner and disappeared from view.

Ok.

I have to stop slacking; I need to get my weapons back before it gets dark. I continued walking towards the tree thinking about that boy non-stop. Why won't he tell me his name? Why did he want to know my name? Was he just curious? I shook my head and sighed; I should just forget it. It doesn't even matter.

I arrived at the tree I had been at last night and looked by the swings...it's gone. I sighed deeply; I should have known somebody would steal it. How could I gave been so irresponsible? I'll have to apologize to Grandad. I turned around and was about to start heading home when....

"Hey! Looking for this?"

My heart leapt in my chest when I realized who the voice belonged to. I didn't need to turn around to know who it was. I wonder if he's mad I ran away from him yesterday? I slowly turned around and looked up at Naruto to see he was holding my weapons bag.

He had it!

Did he.... hold onto it so no one would steal it?

I shamefully nodded and he grinned before walking over to me. My heart leapt in my chest again and I thought about running then realized I still needed my weapons. I blushed a deep red as Naruto stood in front of me and held out the weapons bag. I stared at him confused and he smiled.

"Go on, take it" he coaxed holding it out closer to me "I promise I don't bite!"

I blushed a deeper red and reached out my hand as I grabbed the weapons bag. As I did my hand brushed slightly against his and a spark of electricity ran throughout my whole body. He must have felt it to because we both jumped slightly and rubbed our chest.

What was that?

He must have accidentally dragged his feet across some carpet.... right?

"Anyways" Naruto said snapping me out of my thoughts "I wanted to talk to you yesterday, but you ran off. What was that all about?"

I shrugged and stared at the ground. The grass is really pretty; I could stare at it all day. It would be better an less awkward than staring into Naruto's sapphire blue eyes.

"Ok" Naruto said slowly, scratching his head "well what's your name? I just thought since I told you my name I should ask you....you remember my name right?"

"N-Naruto" I muttered shyly but he heard me.

"Hey you do remember me!" Naruto exclaimed loudly.

I nodded and he smiled a bright smile as he adjusted a pair of goggles on his head.

"So" he said getting a somewhat serious attitude now "what's your name?"

I hesitated and nervously bit my lip. He seems like a nice person; maybe I should tell him. What's the worst that could happen?

"R-Ruka" I said nervously hiding my face with my hair.

Naruto chuckled then suddenly I felt him place his hands under my chin and force my head gently up. I held back a yelp and my whole face turned beet red as I stared into Naruto's sapphire blue eyes and he just kept staring at me. His face was only 2 inches away from mine and his lips dangerously close. His warm breath kept gently fanning my face as he exhaled every now and then.

I felt like my face was going to explode from blushing so red, and my heart was beating like a drum. What is he doing? Why is he so close?! Then he leaned just slightly closer so his lips were now only centimeters from my own. I took a shaky breath and remained rooted in place.

What is he doing?

Is he going to.... kiss.... me?!

Should I let him?!

I hardly know him yet.... there's some part of me that wants him to. Finally, I blinked slowly and Naruto smiled deeply as he said the last words I was expecting.

"I win!"

W-what?

I stared at him confused as he let go of my chin and leaned back.

"Staring contest" he said smiling wider "you blinked first so I won! Believe it!"

S-S-Staring contest?!

My face got redder, if that was even possible, and Naruto stared at me confused.

"You ok?" He asked titling his head slightly to the side.

I nodded. No.... I am not ok. There must be something wrong with me if I wanted to kiss a boy I just met!

What is happening to me?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Hey guys! Chapter. 12 already and man was that ending something! The feels! I ship them so much already.

Naruto: Ruka is kind of.... cute *blushes*.

Ruka: *Yawn* Hey guys I'm here! What I miss?

Naruto: NOTHING!!

Me: .....

Ruka: .....

Naruto: .....

Ruka: *Awkwardly* Ok well... um... Story_of_Fate13 doesn't own Naruto.

Me: *Uncomfortable* Um... Later guys?