33. The Copy Cat Ninja and his Misty foe

'Sometimes the only way to ever find yourself is to get completely lost'

-Kellie Elmore
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After that whole incident with Naruto had cleared up we continued onwards.

I noticed, strangely, that everyone was staring at me as though seeing me in a new light. We were all on a motorboat heading towards the Land of Waves. I turned towards them and they quickly looked away.

"So" Kakashi Sensei said turning to Tazuna "unless I'm mistaken, this was meant to be a C-ranked mission. However, with the level those ninja were at I'd say this was a B or possibly even an A-ranked mission."

We all gasped and Tazuna got strangely quiet all of a sudden. A B-ranked mission?! That can't be possible!

"I want an explanation....now" Kakashi Sensei demanded.

Tazuna sighed and started to explain. To sum up a long story, he said there was a man named Gatō that corrupted the land and brought thugs and henchman over and the country could not afford such a high ranked mission. Once he was done Kakashi Sensei sighed, I could tell he was thinking of what to say.

"We should go back" Sakura said hastily "this is to advanced for us!"

Naruto glanced at me and bit his lip, thinking hard about something.

"No" I said as everyone turned towards me "that's not the right thing to do. We have to keep going."

"She's right" Kakashi Sensei said as the boat docked "let's keep going."

We nodded and got off the boat as Naruto took out some Kunai's. Every once in a while he would randomly yell 'there' and throw a Kunai in a random place. I watched him for a good 20 minutes, trying to figure out what he was doing. Apparently, Sakura didn't care because she hit him violently on the head and told him to shut up.

"But Sakura-chan!" He whined.

A bush rustled nearby and we all stared at it, our hands reaching for out weapons.

"THERE!" Naruto yelled and threw a Kunai.

The Kunai thunked hard into the base of a tree and the rustling stopped. Curious, I went to go inspect and found a small white bunny laying there paralyzed with the Kunai dangerously close to his head.

"Oh poor thing" I said picking it up and carrying it over to the group.

"Oops" Naruto said awkwardly scratching his head.

Kakashi Sensei stared at the rabbit for a while then his eye widened.

"DUCK!"

I dropped the rabbit and I felt someone grab my waist and tug me to ground as a large blade sailed over our bodies. I felt the person let me go but I couldn't tell who had forced me to the ground and saved me from getting decapitated. I hurriedly stood back up and took out a Kunai as I faced the new threat. I saw a man perched on the same giant sword that had almost killed us, watching us with a somewhat sinister smile.

"Nice to meet you, Kakashi of the Sharingan."

Kakashi Sensei stared at the man with a harsh glare and took out a Kunai.

"I got him!" Naruto said running towards the man.

"STOP!" Kakashi Sensei yelled "stay out of this and make a protection formation around Tazuna!"

Naruto looked very relunctant to do so, but we formed a circle around Tazuna with our Kunai's out.

"Zabuza of the mist" Kakashi Sensei said grabbing his leaf headband "I didn't expect to see you again."

Zabuza smirked; "hand over the old man and no one will get hurt."

"No can do" Kakashi Sensei firmly and lifted up his headband to reveal a red eye with comma like symbols inside.

"I get to see the famous Sharingan already" Zabuza said chuckling "I feel honored."
"Sharingan, Sharingan" Naruto said rolling his eyes "what the heck is it anyways?!"

"It's a type of Döjutsu" Sasuke said suddenly staring suspiciously at Kakashi Sensei "it can see the actions of Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, and Taijutsu then copy it on demand."

"That's why your Sensei is know as the Copy Cat Ninja" Zabuza said smirking.

"No way" Naruto said grinning.

Zabuza used the distraction as a advantage and made hand signs as a thick cloud of mist eloped around us.
"This mist is strong!" Sakura said in a panicked voice "I can't even see you guys!"
I looked towards my right where Naruto had been standing next to me and saw she was right. Even though I could feel how close his presence was I couldn't see him.

"N-Naruto" I whispered, my voice shaking slightly.

He didn't say anything but I felt him grab my hand and hold it tightly, making me sigh in relief. We nervously waited for an attack as Zabuza's voice echoed from the trees, naming the different vital points in which he could violently kill us. I shivered in fear and Naruto must have felt me.

"It's ok" he said quietly "I'm not going to let that happen to you, I promise."

I nodded. I looked over to my left where Sasuke was and through the heavy mist I could see he was shaking heavily and his Kunai was itching closer to his wrist. I hurriedly swatted the Kunai out of his hand and rubbed his shoulder.

"It's ok Sasuke" I said soothingly "Kakashi Sensei will protect us."

He relaxed slightly under my touch and let out a sigh before grabbing another Kunai from his pouch.

"She's right" Kakashi Sensei said "I will not allow any of my students or the client to get hurt."

"Those are empty words" Zabuza said "because it's all over!"

I heard rapid footsteps running towards us and I turned around to see Zabuza looming over us and getting ready to swing his sword. Kakashi Sensei ran over as quick as lightning and stabbed Zabuza in the chest with his Kunai. Zabuza's body disappeared into a puddle of water revealing him to be a clone. There was a whooshing sound and Zabuza's sword sliced Kakashi Sensei in half as he stepped out smirking. However, Kakashi Sensei had also used a water clone and the real image of himself appeared behind Zabuza, holding a Kunai to his throat.

"It's indeed over" Kakashi Sensei said simply.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Finally! End of Chapter 33. Hope you guys enjoyed it and sorry I haven't updated in forever!

Naruto: You're a good person for updating.

Me: That just made my day. Almost as much as all that food on Thansgiving will.

Ruka: Speaking of Thanksgiving go ahead and write down in the comments box what your thankful for. I'm thankful that I get to live all the way to Shippüden. ^.^

Naruto: *Worrying* Does that mean your going to die in Shippüden!?

Ruka: It's not my decision.

Naruto: Author-Chan?!

Me: ........

Ruka: Story_of_Fate13 doesn't own Naruto.

Naruto: Wait!

Me: Later guys!

Naruto: *Crying* PLEASE DON'T DIE!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! ^.^