63. I'm living with who....?

'Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy'

-F. Scott Fitzgerald
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's not that I don't want her to be safe" the woman said nervously clasping her hands together "she is my daughter after all."

"So that's all the more reason to send her with the Third" the man said, stepping closer to her "he'll protect her."

"Oh really!" The woman said sarcastically "just like he is with the Namizake boy?!"

There was silence for a moment and the man sighed deeply.

"That was harsh Ruu."

"I'm sorry."

The silence fell upon the two again and Ruu exhaled in frustration as she rubbed her temples.

"She was my best friend you know" she said smiling sadly "I was going to have Ruka go on play dates with their son, they would have been such good friends."

"I don't doubt that" the man said smiling.

"Oh Kakashi" Ruu said anxiously "you are the father of this child! Though you should not have been, I don't know what to do."

Kakashi frowned and didn't respond, further increasing Ruu's anxiety.

"Ruu" he said slowly "you know I love you and Ruka as well, but I will never be the proper father for her. She deserves someone better, and with Kinase inhabiting her body I say the Third is your best option."

Ruu closed her eyes and got lost in deep thought. When she opened them again they were clouded with tears.

"You're right" she said quietly "yet I can't help but think what a horrible mother I am!"

Kakashi reached for her but she turned and walked off, disappearing into a room where the giggles of a baby could be heard.

*****

My eyes opened and were greeted with harsh bright light.
That memory, as expected, was already starting to trickle from my memory.

I couldn't remember their names or what they looked like. That shouldn't be surprising, it happens all the time. I groaned uncomfortably and shifted positions as I looked around. I was lying on a bed, and there was an IV needle in my left arm, pumping blood into my system. I must be in a hospital, that would explain the needle and the smell of chemicals. Thinking back on it, I remembered exactly how I ended up here.

Kabuto....

The preliminaries....

Kinase....

I clenched my hands tightly into fist and closed my eyes. I remember borrowing Kinase's Chakra and blacking out. Then when I woke up I saw the damage I had did and Naruto was....
I opened my eyes and blushed. Naruto was embracing me, and telling me to stop.

What did he think of me, does he think I'm some sort of freak now?

My eyes blurred with tears and I closed them once more. I don't want him to think that of me, it would break my heart if he saw me like that. The opening of a door interrupted my thoughts and I opened my eyes to see a lady walk in with a red bag that had a white cross on it along with a clipboard. She must be a nurse. She smiled at me, upon noticing I was awake, and sat on the bed next to me.

"Glad to see you're awake! How are you feeling?"

"G-Good" I answered simply.

She nodded and opened the red bag on her lap to reveal different devices inside, along with a syringe and a small clear medicine.
Oh no....I'm getting a shot! Oh, I don't like shots!