53. Naruto's secret revealed

'Strength doesn't come from what you can do, it comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't'

-Rikki Rogers
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naruto continued to smile at me then turned towards the ninja and glared angrily.

"I'll teach you to attack the people I care about!" He said through gritted teeth, pulling out a Kunai.

"Wait!"

We all turned towards Sasuke who was staring at the ninja then sighed in defeat.

"Take the scroll" Sasuke said simply "take it and leave! That's what you want isn't it? I give you the scroll and you leave us alone."

We all stared at Sasuke like he was crazy. Give up the scroll; after all this?! Why would he even think to say that?!

"No way!" Naruto said angrily "Sasuke you can't...!"

"SHUT UP NARUTO!" He yelled, silencing him "I know what I'm doing!"

The ninja smirked and simply watched as Sasuke turned towards me.

"Ruka" he said calmly "give me the scroll."

I bit my lip then frowned angrily and shook my head, a feeling of determination flowing through me.

"No."

Sasuke stared at me slightly surprised. I've never said no to anyone before, but now, I have to. After everything we've been through; how could I just let him have the scroll?! Sasuke quickly overcame from his shock and glared at me.

"Give me....the scroll" he said slowly, his voice venomous.

I hesitated slightly under his harsh glare as he stepped closer to me. I never can get over his glare, it felt like multiple daggers pinning me down in fear.

"N-No!" I repeated as he neared closer.

I grabbed the scroll from my pouch and clutched it close to my chest. Sasuke sighed impatiently then shook his head.

"How annoying."

He began reaching for the scroll and my eyes widened in panic, when Naruto suddenly landed in front of me, blocking Sasuke from nearing any closer.

"Naruto" Sasuke said irritated "what are yo-"

SMACK!!

I gasped as Naruto punched Sasuke hard across the face, sending him flying back slightly.

"N-Naruto?!" I said slowly, my voice shaking.

He ignored me and contiuned to glare at Sasuke who was lying on the floor in shock.

"SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO GIVE ANYTHING TO YOU!" Naruto yelled angrily "YOU KNOW WHAT SASUKE?! YOU'RE THE REAL IMPOSTER HERE! THE SASUKE I KNOW WOULD NEVER GIVE UP, OR THREATEN A COMRADE LIKE THAT!"

I blushed a deep red as Naruto turned towards me and sighed deeply.

"Ruka do you mind if I hold the scroll?"

I bit my lip and hesitated, should I give him the scroll? What if he tries to give it away like Sasuke did? Then again, Naruto doesn't seem like the kind of person to do that.

"A-Are you going to give it away" I asked curiously.

"No" he said smiling "I wouldn't do that, you know me. I hate giving up."

I grinned and handed him the scroll, as he gently took it and slipped it in his pouch. I believe him, Naruto never gives up.

"Now you stay here" he said taking out a Kunai "I'll take care of this."