44. Gaara

'Actions are the seed of fate deeds grow into destiny'

-Harry S. Truman
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Who cares what Sasuke thinks?!" Naruto said angrily, crossing his arms "he acts like he's a saint or something!"

Sasuke had just walked away, commenting that Naruto would never be as good as him and Sakura was worst than Naruto.

"Maybe Sasuke-kun is just having a bad day" Sakura muttered more to herself than to me.

We had just finished doing three D-rank missions, all of which Naruto failed horribly at. Kakashi Sensei scolded us and said until our teamwork gets better we won't be doing anymore missions. I just don't understand why Naruto is trying so hard to beat Sasuke.

"What do you think Ruka" Naruto said suddenly, causing me to jump "do you think I'll ever be better then Saskue?"

I thought about this for a moment and did the calculations in my head.

"W-Well" I said slowly "in a few years."

Naruto's eyes widened and he stared at me in disbelief.

"YEARS?!" He shouted.

I nodded. Naruto got a depressed aura around him and slumped his shoulders.

"Years...." he muttered sadly.

I frowned slightly, hoping I didn't hurt his feelings, when I heard a scraping sound. Naruto and I both looked down to see a cardboard box, the same color as a rock. Naruto walked away from the box and it followed him. Oh, that's probably just Konahamaru. Naruto walked faster and the box followed. This went on for about 30 minutes when Naruto finally got the hint. He turned around and angrily kicked the box.

"Who's in here! Believe it!" He said crossing his arms.

"Clever as always Naruto Sensei!" A voice said.

Yep, definitely Konohamaru. There was a giant puff of smoke and coughing was heard as three small figures appeared.

"Too much....gunpowder, Moegi!" Konohamaru said fanning the air.

A small girl with red hair gave a small smile of apology and shrugged. Once the smoke had officially cleared there stood Konohamaru, the girl who I suppose was Moegi, and another boy that I didn't know. Konohamaru saw me and immediately he blushed a bright red and hid behind Moegi.

"M-M-Moring! R-Ruka!" He said shyly.

"It's the afternoon Konohamaru" the other boy said

"Shut it Udon!" Konohamaru said still blushing "that's what I meant!"

Everyone started laughing and I just grinned.

"Good afternoon Konohamaru" I said simply "were you here to see Naruto?"

At the mention of Naruto's name, Konohamaru brightened up and nodded as he came from his hiding place behind Moegi.

"That's right" he said proudly "he's my Sensei and he's going to train me!"

Naruto rolled his eyes and said "how many times do I have to say-"

"That's so nice of Naruto to do" Sakura said smiling "it's sweet."

"Yes!" Naruto finished smiling "how many times do I have to say yes?! Of course!"

Konohamaru stared at Naruto confused and said "but you use to always tell me no."

Naruto nervously shrugged and rubbed his neck as Konohamaru glared at him angrily. I grinned and started talking with Sakura as Naruto and Konohamaru argued.