15. Ryuku....?

'Life's challenges are not suppose to paralyze you, they're suppose to help you discover who you are.'

-Bernice Johnson Reagon
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I raced down the path as fast as I could; stumbling every now and then as I tightly clutched my weapons bag.

I have to hurry!

I glanced at a clock by a nearby noodle shop and saw it was 11:17. I'm going to die! I hurriedly ran up the stairs to the house and exhaled deeply as I blew out a sigh of relief. Made it! Trying my best to be stealthy I quietly opened the door and stepped inside. It was pitch black but I knew the way to my room. I gently closed the door behind me and started tiptoeing to my room when.....

"YOUNG LADY!"

I flinched and turned around as a light flicked on, and Granddad stood there. He was giving me the evil eye and his arms were crossed as he slowly tapped his foot up and down on the floor.

5......
4......
3......
2......
1......

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!"

"I...."

"DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS?!"

"I......"

"WHO WERE YOU WITH?!"

"I....."

"WAS IT A BOY?!"

"N-No......"

"ARE YOU LYING?!"

"N-No......"

"RUKAAAAAAAA!"

"Y-Yes.....?"

Granddad contoured to give me the evil eye and I shivered under his gaze.

"Your a horrible liar!" Granddad said "you were with a boy weren't you?!"

Saskue called me a horrible liar too. I blushed slightly as a small grin crept up to my cheeks and Granddad grew even more furious.

"Who were you with?!" He demanded "give me his name!"

I blushed from embarrassment and sighed in defeat. I guess there's no point in hiding it is there? I'll just tell him; what's the worst that could happen?

"N-Naruto Uzamaki and S-Saskue Uchiha" I stuttered as Granddads eyes widened.

Granddad stared at me for a long, long, long time. He looked like he was thinking about something. I wonder what. After a while, he sighed deeply and gave me a deep smile.

"So what do you think of them" he asked curiously.

I stared at him surprised; what a sudden change of heart. He went from yelling at me to asking me what I thought of them.

"W-Well" I said shyly "Naruto wanted to be my....my.....friend, so we are friends now. Saskue is very mean but he bought me hot chocolate when I was cold so.... I guess I like them both.... AS FRIENDS OF COURSE!"

I yelled the last part and blushed a deep red as Granddad chuckled.

"Well get some sleep" Granddad said yawning "we have a big day tomorrow."

I nodded and he departed to his room as I went to mine. Once I got into my room I closed the door behind me, and changed into my night things. I set my weapons bag on the dresser, and climbed into bed as I stared at the ceiling.

Naruto and Saskue....they're both so different.

I yawned lightly and my eyes fluttered closed as I fell into a deep sleep.