80. Rescue mission: Yuri's spirit

Start from the beginning

'Well' a familiar voice inside my head said 'I never imagined you would kill me.'

Tears clouded my eyes and my hands began to shake as I held the sword in a firm grip. I know that voice....I remember it much to well from the Chūnin exams.

'Y-Yuri?!'

'It's okay' she said, as though she could see my tears 'Ruka....I want to thank you.'

'Thank me for what' I said as tears fell down my cheeks 'I killed you, I thought you would hate me.'

'No' Yuri said simply 'I don't hate you. You opened my eyes to understand something even better. Besides, I'm with my parents now! I've never been happier! I was stuck in a hateful shell thinking no one loved me, then I met you and you looked so happy it made me angry. It made me question why I could never be happy. All I've wanted in this world was for someone to love me, but I was never loved. I just....I just wanted someone to hug me and tell me everything would be okay. When I died I looked at your past and all the suffering you went through, it amazes me how brightly you could smile even though you've been through more pain then I have. One day, up here with all these angels, I want to learn to smile like you Ruka. Use the sword, it's yours now, and I have a feeling your going to make the world a better place with it. Continue smiling that beautiful smile of yours; it really does light the place up. Thank you....'

Tears continued falling down my face as Yuri's voice fell silent and the lightning ceased. Kuro's body twitched slightly from all the electricity still coursing through his veins.

"You....bitch!" He said angrily with a slightly feral look in his eyes.

The sword continued glowing a bright blue and I gripped it tightly as determination ran through me. Yuri's spirit is in this sword; she continues to live in this world even though her body is gone. I raised the sword in a fighting stance and stared up at Kuro as he growled angrily.

Yuri....thank you.

Kuro charged towards me and I infused Chakra into my sword as I violently began slashing at him. He deflected the oncoming onslaught of attacks with the ice swords on his hands, but I continued to slash angrily at him as the sword glowed brighter and brighter.

I thought Yuri's death would be a horrible burden hanging over me for the rest of my life, but in all actuality I helped her.
I helped her reunite with her parents and I helped her to realize that even after going through so much pain it's still possible to smile.

Yuri, Naruto, Gaara and I never had parents to help us grow up yet....

Lightning crackled around my sword and I slashed at one of Kuro's ice swords as it cracked in half and fell to the floor.

Yet....

The blue glow of the sword turned into gold as the sword hummed with Chakra and crackled with white lightning.

Yet....

My eyes flashed red and before Kuro could react I stabbed him hard in the stomach as he screamed in pain and lightning engulfed his body.

Yet....we all have the biggest, brightest smiles!

Kuro screamed in pain as I plunged the sword deeper in his stomach and the walls began to crack from the massive Chakra that was flowing around the room. My hand that was holding the sword issued a loud cracking sound and I winced in pain as I tried to plunge the sword even deeper into his stomach.

'Ruka' Kinase warned 'at this rate, this amount of Chakra will break every bone in your body! You have to release it!'

I ignored her and plunged the sword deeper into Kuro's stomach as a series of cracking sounds issued up and down my arm.

This is for the people I hold a special place for in my heart:

Hinata.

Yuri.

Haku.

Zabuza.

Granddad.

This is for the people I love and couldn't imagine parting with:

Naruto.

Sasuke.

Sakura.

Kakashi Sensei.

Konohamaru.

This is for the people that have made me laugh and that I call friends:

Ino.

Shikamaru.

Choji.

Neji.

Lee.

Tenten.

Kiba.

Shino.

Iruka Sensei.

Jirayia.

Moegi.

Udon.

Inari.

Tazuna.

Gaara.

Temari.

Kankuro.

All these people I would willingly die for. All these people are the reason I smile; I plunged the sword deeper inside of Kuro's stomach as blood got over my clothes and into my hair.

What the point of living life if you don't love?

A small smile spread across my face as a searing pain ran across my whole body.

"Thank you....everyone."

Then, due to the large amount of Chakra throughout the building, the sword let out a large explosion and everything went black.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Hey guys! Is it just me or did this chapter make anyone cry a little bit because I am. Maybe I'm just a weirdo. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Kinase: Is Ruka dead?

Me: You'll see in the next chapter

Kinase: *Mutters* Sometimes I really don't like you....

Me: I HEARD THAT!

Kinase: GOOD!!!

Yuri: Story_of_Fate13 doesn't own Naruto

Me: Later guys!