76. Rescue mission: Two girls, one task

Start from the beginning

I giggled and nodded in understanding as I said, "who are we rescuing?"

"A girl" Hinata said pointing at a picture on the paper.

I examined the picture of the girl and my eyes widened.

W-What the hell?!

"Hinata!" I said in disbelief "are those....ears?!"

"I think she has a fox tail too" Hinata said ignoring my question "She's a deity, worshipped in her village as a goddess, but she was kidnapped and the people who took her are asking for a ransom

"I think she has a fox tail too" Hinata said ignoring my question "She's a deity, worshipped in her village as a goddess, but she was kidnapped and the people who took her are asking for a ransom. However, the village is very poor and don't have that kind of money so they have put out a request for her to be found."

I stared at the picture of the girl for a long time and exhaled deeply.

A deity huh?

"Who would kidnap a little girl?!" I said angrily as tears brimmed my eyes.

"Someone we need to find and beat the shit out of!" Hinata said pounding her fist into her other hand.

I placed the paper on the table and stood up. Hell, I have nothing else to do and I refuse to let someone get away with kidnapping a little girl.

"Alright!" I said firmly "I'll do it!"

"Perfect" she exclaimed "let me go to my house and get my equipment prepared! We'll leave tonight at 5:30! Meet me by the village gates!"

I nodded and Hinata snatched the paper from the table before zooming out the front door. I bit my lip and look over at the clock on the wall.

4:58

I clenched my hands tightly into fist and placed them on the table. Just because Granddad is dead doesn't mean I have to stop living my life. That's not what he would have wanted! He wouldn't have wanted me to give up and sit in this house in grief!

"Naruto is being strong" I muttered "I can too. I don't need to depend on him or anyone."

I closed my eyes and clenched my fist even tighter. If I want to protect the people I love I must become strong; not just for their sake, but for mine as well.

'Girl power' Kinase said mimicking Hinata.

I grinned slightly and unclenched my fist as I glanced at the time again.

5:10

Might as well get ready. I retreated to my room and got my things prepared for the mission.

*****

"A-Are you ready?" Hinata asked as I approached her at the village gates.

"Yeah!" I said firmly "I'm actually pretty excited! What about you?"

Hinata smiled widely and flashed me a peace sign.

"Are you kidding?!" She exclaimed "I'm pumped!"

We both giggled and started walking out of the village gates.

'I have complete faith in you' Kinase said 'I believe you can do this.'

I nodded and glanced over at Hinata who met my gaze and smiled.

Don't worry little girl....I'm coming to save you!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Hey guys! That's the end of chapter. 76! I hope you enjoyed it!

Hinata: GIRL POWER!

Ruka: Girl power?

Hinata: GIRL POWER!!

Ruka: I'm already starting to regret this mission....

Me: You'll suffer through it

Ruka: *Sighs deeply*

Hinata: Story_of_Fate13 doesn't own Naruto, but she should because she's so Kawaii and awesome!

Me: *Gasp*

Ruka: Please don't!

Hinata and Me: GIRL POWER!

Ruka: LATER GUYS! *Runs off*