12.

After eating our waffles me and Anton got back to the backstage and it was his time to get to the stage. His concert was really amazing. Me, Martin, Dillon and even Porter Robinson stayed there watching him. When the concert was over we got back to the hotel.
The next day was also really cool and we had a lot of fun, I spent a lot of time with Anton, what was always good.

It was already thursday which meant we were getting back to Miami, in that moment we were having lunch, only me, Anton, Martin and Dillon.

"Are you excited for tomorrow night?" Martin said "I'm excited for you!!"

"I'm so nervous, I don't think I'll be able to sleep" I answered.

"You're going to be amazing" Anton said "the crowd will love you and Margaret will have no choice, only accept you she already kind of loves you"

"I think you should not think much about it, you'll be amazing and you don't have to worry at all" Dillon said while eating his pizza "and if anything goes wrong you'll have more chances"

"But everything is going to be ok!!" Martin said immediately.

"Of course!!" Anton said immediately too.

I laugh "Thanks guys".

On that day I got home really tired and tried to rest, talked a little with Jade and then tried to sleep and just couldn't fall a sleep, it was 1:30 and my mind wouldn't stop thinking and thinking on the concert on the next day. I tried again and again and nothing happened, so I sent Anton a text, not sure why but I did.

Kat: Are you awake?

Anton: Yes, what's up?

Kat: I just can't fall asleep, I keep thinking about tomorrow

Anton: You don't have to be nervous, just look at that as a normal night at The Grind

Kat: I'll try, thanks

Anton: Guess what I can't stop thinking about

Kat: Bacon with waffles or frozen yogurt?

Anton: Ahahah very funny. But you're close

Kat: I give up, I have no idea and can't really think right now

Anton: That in the last few nights I was with you and now you're not here

Kat: At this hour we would be eating something

Anton: Damn, now I'm hungry!

Kat: Sorry, you'll have to wait for breakfast

Anton: Ok mommy

Kat: Silly! I think I'll try to sleep again

Anton: Text me if you can't, ok pretty eyes?

Kat: ok bunny eyes! Good night, sleep well!

Anton: Good night, dream about you being amazing on stage, as you always are!!

I smiled and close my eyes, thinking about the past tree nights. Anton was so amazing, I really really really really liked him.

----------------------------------------------

The next day I woke up full of energy, not sure why, I just wanted the nerves to disappear. So I just went to the exercise machine, that I barely use because I was too lazy to do that, and ran there for half an hour. After that took a long shower. I had lunch with my brother and Jade, which was still awkward but I was trying to understand and deal fine with, I told them how the festival was and how nervous I was for that night, they just answered like Anton. It was good that the people I cared the most believed in me, the afternoon past running, me and Jade watch a marathon of pretty little liars. I knew Anton, Dillon and Martin were having interviews this afternoon because of their new music and stuff, I was just hoping they would be there.

"Are you ready?" Jade said sitting on my bed and moving her fingers really fast on her phone.

"Yes, is he coming?" I said, presuming she was texting with my brother.

"Yeah, his brushing his teeth" I facepalmed myself, he was just next door and they were texting "Oh stop!" I laugh.

-------------------------------------

When we got to the Radar I saw lots and lots of people, like the triple that used to be at The Grind, I was shaking looking to that many people. I really wanted this album, to get a career with my music. This was my opportunity. In the middle of so many thoughts I felt a familiar perfume and hand touching my shoulder.

"Hey" I looked and saw them three starring at me, Anton was right by my side.

"So, there's so many people in here" I said.

"So many people that will love, ok? Don't panic, now let's go inside" Dillon said.

"Just do what you always do and everything will be alright" Martin added and we started walking.

"My brother put his arm around me "you'll be awesome! I just don't know how you're gonna tell mom and dad that you're a college drop out before you even got there" he laughed and so did Jade.

"I guess they'll understand" I just didn't want to think about that in that moment.

We got inside, the place was big, Anton gave me his hand and smile "It's going to be amazing, your set, the first of many" he said in my hear, because of the loud music. We got to the backstage and waited for 35 minutes to my turn, they did a lot of things to distract me but in that moment it was the time, I try to forget that I was being "evaluated" and tried to have a good time, like always.

Jade handed me my asma inhaler, that I almost forgot, and I got in the stage, "HEY GUYS, I'AM DJ KAT, THIS IS MY FIRST TIME HERE AT THE RADAR. LET'S MAKE THIS A MEMORABLE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!" People got on my thing and started screaming, I started with a remix of get low to keep the crowd excited as they were from the previous set. I kept playing and they seemed to be liking, then I saw Margaret, the owner of big fish records and my anxiety came back, she was looking to me like "I'm here to make sure you're actually good" suddenly it seemes as I couldn't breed and I used my inhaler, I looked to my side and saw them all looking to me with a good look making signs like "You're doing well". So I ignored Margaret's look and focused again on my music.

The rest of the time past flying, I was feeling great, the crowd seemed to like, I got out of stage and hugged them "Thank you all for being here, otherwise I would freak out and messed up" we all started to talk.

"Katherine?" I heard.

I looked around and saw Margaret "Hey" I said.

She sat on a armchair and make a gesture, asking me to sit next to her. They all went to the other side of the room, that was not much big, but big enough to seem like I was there only with her "So I have Zedd and Flume telling me that I chace big talents and that you're one of them." she stated and I looked to the ground "Of course I don't work with people just because someone told me to, otherwise I would be on bankruptcy by now. Anyway, I liked what I saw tonight." she looked me in the eye "Great talent, meet me Monday on my office" she handed me her card "if you're still interested, I got go now. Bye honey"

"Bye" I said looking to the card. I did it, I was getting the opportunity to do what I loved the most, it all seemed too good to be true. My dream was coming true.