Six Bangs (Chapter 30)

Okay, before I start, I want you all to check out a book for me please, it's one of my favorite The Walking Dead fanfic a its called "Drained and Insane" by twd_fanfic. The story is soo good but it has less than 300 reads :( help it get more please!

A day late with the update sorry, this chapters more of a filler. I tried, I really did but I'm more excited for the next chapter than this one. Anyways here's 30!

Oh and read the A/N at the end please it's sorta important.

--------------------

Katie's POV

"So what happens now?" Maggie asked the group the next morning, as we all gathered around the dining room table of my dad's house.

Shane scoffed. "We do what we said we'd do." He replied, raising his eyebrows. "We do what we agreed on."

"Who agreed on?" Dale questioned. "Because I know I didn't."

Rick raised his arms. "Hold on, hold on. We are not doing this again. We've already gone over everything." He interrupted. "Now, if anyone has a NEW argument to bring up, speak now. Otherwise..." He turned to Dale and I. "...I don't think we have anything to talk about."

I furiously racked my brain for something. Anything at all to try to save that boy's life.

"Dale." I stated simply, abruptly. "He risked his own life to save another's." I brought up. "I wouldn't be standin' here if it wasn't for him."

I looked around the room and saw that what I said had no effect on them. I continued. "He saved my life. We don't honor him by letting him skip a shift at watch, we don't honor him by letting him sleep longer, we honor him by doing what's right. We let Randall live. Dale let me live, so we let Randall live. Simple as that."

I saw a few people nodding their heads, so I continued.

"He was talking about losing our humanity... That we were broken. I say that the best way to honor his unrepayable deed is to un-break this group." I ranted. "We set aside our differences and take control of our lives. We're not broken-- we're going to come together, save that boy, and prove him wrong." I paused to see Andrea smiling at me. I wrapped it up. "This time, we do it his way. That is how we honor what Dale did."

I looked across the room at Dale who looked like he was going to get teary-eyed.

"There's a lot of people in here that indirectly saved someone's life, but I can say that this one is different." I paused, took a deep breath and looked across at Daryl. "Dale saved two lives."

I cast my eyes across the room to see people exchanging looks of confusion between each other. I sighed and explained. "He directly saved mine, and that of my-" I hesitated and breathed deeply. "-my unborn child."

I heard the gasps across the room as people started to register what I had said. I hesitantly made eye contact with my dad and he did not look too pleased to say the least... He was just neutral; having an inner battle with himself to see if he should be happy, or angry.

As I continued to look across the room, I saw many mixed emotions. I saw joy, displeasure, pity, hell, some people didn't care at all, which was their business.

"Don't kill the boy, man." Daryl concluded, "For Dale."

"For Dale." Andrea repeated softly.

Rick put his hands up. "I see where you're coming from and you've made some valid points." He answered. "Just let me..." He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Let me think this through."