40: WE'RE GOING TO FUCKING FRANCE BITCHES

Start from the beginning

Mr Urie began to wonder if he could possibly ask them to bring Bert back, because honestly he was really nice company, and it was even better to know that he wasn't just a voice that he'd been hallucinating when he was high. He might even offer him a job, it wasn't like they had standards here - maybe he could work in maths so he wouldn't have to steal all the chairs from there? Or that geography classroom where he'd stolen the bed from? Really there was quite the plethora of possibilities.

The bomb disposal unit had then asked what they wanted to do with the owl that Bert had been presumably keeping as a pet, suggesting that they could just take it to an animal center, but Megan Clifford had gotten up and very loudly protested it, and Ryan Ross had vaguely nodded in agreement with her, so Mr Urie had insisted that they kept the owl.

He'd bought a bird cage that day, and kept it on his desk in his office, claiming that it made the school look like it was practically Hogwarts, and even considered renaming the school to Hogwarts, but he'd really have to talk to Bert about that if he ever saw him again - he really hoped he didn't get arrested, but he didn't doubt Ryan Ross' ability to break someone out of a jail cell.

Unfortunately, he hadn't been able to ask Bert what the owl's name was before he was taken away, so in honour of The Fault In Our Stars: The Musical, the owl was now named Hazy G, and Mr Urie was looking into making it the school's mascot.

And this had all been quite amusing, but Gerard had been busy with a lot of work regarding the art trip and had missed the most of it, but thankfully, Frank Iero was there, in his home, every evening to fill him in on whatever he'd missed.

As the two stood there in front of the school, waiting for what felt like entirely too long as students began to arrive, Gerard began to realise that he was just generally incredibly thankful for Frank Iero in general, seeing as it was him walking in on Ryan Ross and Mr Urie and then proceeding in blackmailing them, that had actually realised Gerard's dream of taking twenty kids to France.

Gerard was beginning to question just why he'd picked this as his dream, but he was pretty sure that the answer lay in the way Frank was looking at him: so happy that this had all finally worked out for him.

Really, the only reason why Frank was going was due to Gerard's personal... well... opinion of him. After all, what use was an English teacher in France? On the form Mr Urie had vaguely suggested that he may be filled out if he felt like it, despite the fact that it was legally required, he'd listed Frank as responsible for first aid, despite the fact that he wasn't even sure if Frank knew shit about first aid, solely on the basis that it was the first thing he could think of, and also that time when he'd been dancing around the kitchen and accidentally punched the wall and Frank had put a bandage on it for him.

Frank was a little opposed to Mr Molko being there, due to the fact that he'd had an affair with Gerard a few years back, but Gerard had assured him that it wasn't at all like that anymore, and that he was here because he was the only French teacher that didn't make him want to pour bleach into his eyes, and they needed someone qualified in speaking French, because Gerard was determined not to admit that he could in front of the students.

Miss Ballato had actually organised the majority of the trip, and had sorted things out properly, and actually seemed to know what she was doing, and Gerard would argue that she could much better run this trip than him, but then, of course, Frank would tell him not to be stupid.

It was about quarter past four in the morning when Lindsey had confirmed that everyone had turned up, and Frank and Gerard made their way onto the coach, and Frank couldn't but laugh as Gerard put his 'serious professional art teacher face' on.

"Right, so we're all here, and we're all ready? Alright, everyone got their passports, and luggage, and other things that you might need?" Gerard trailed off, looking awkwardly in Lindsey's direction.