Chapter 18: Completely forgotten

Start from the beginning

I can't believe Jace forgotten it too. The fact that we're closer than before. Even my best friend Simon. I sighed as I put on my bikini, leaving my bedroom afterwards strutting towards the pool.

I think one hour have passed when Jace called for me. He handed me a towel and told me to get ready since we have to be in the store at seven. I nodded and take a bath immediately. An hour passed again and now I'm in my robe walking towards Jace's room.

JACE

I swear lying to Clary like this makes me feel bad. We all know that it's her birthday, after all we all did plan this opening to be on her birthday since Izzy wanted it to be a double celebration but to be honest I have other ideas on my mind and I'm planning to do that tomorrow. I bet Clary is mad right now since we didn't greet her earlier today more like I didn't greet her, me, her housemate. How could I forget. That must what she's thinking.

Maybe that's why she wanted sometime alone.

But I didn't fail preparing her favorite breakfast earlier. Even though I didn't greeted her, still she asks what the occasion I only told her that it's the opening that's why.

Now she left me alone to tend to this clothes. She was spacing out really, she's thinking so hard that she forgot to choose what to wear for tonight and now she wants me to choose something for her. Which made me happy since I eyed the perfect dress for her to wear tonight.

Black and lace really do matched perfectly.

Clary's still in the shower and I just finished taking a bath also when my phone rang afterwards. I answered it and just to be greeted by Izzy's sassy attitude.

"Jace Herondale, make sure that you get here in time..." She sassed, I frowned.

"Izzy we're the one who is in Malibu already. You make sure to get in there in time..." I tell her, she scoffs.

"Oh right. So Simon, Jocelyn and Luke are already there, telling the helpers about the plan.." She says amusingly, great their plan was that we're going to arrive there thinking that no one came, thinking that the opening failed.

"Alright then..." I tell her.

"Excellent. Have you chosen the perfect outfits for tonight?" She asks.

"I haven't. Clary decided that she'll choose for me, as I choose for her. I already did for her. She's still in the shower..." I tell her. She sighs.

"Alright. Just don't be late. Bye." She tells me and hanged up. My mouth hanged open since I didn't even get to say goodbye, she just hanged up on me. I rolled my eyes and went in front of the mirror drying my hair.

"Jace. " Seconds later I hear Clary's voice.

"Bollocks. I'm still in my towel..." I murmured to myself. I quickly changed put on some underwear and went outside where she is. She's looking over the dress that I picked for her.

"Hey.." I greeted her with a smirk. She looks at me, and her eyes widens.

"Angel. Go get dress, Jace..." She tells me looking away quickly. I chuckled.

"Oh please. It's not like you haven't seen any of this.." I pointed to my body, smirking at him. She rolled her eyes.

"Right...." She turn to me again looking rather viciously. She gave me that look that made my breath hitch like always. Oh boy. I gulped.

"Do you wanna know what underneath of this robe?" She asks teasingly. I flushed.

"Of course. Who wouldn't want that? I'm the man in here.." I composed myself. I'm not backing down this time. She blinks and blush creeping out on her face.

"Oh By the Angel... " She says exasperatedly and began to shuffle onto the clothes again.

Seconds later she tossed me a black leather jacket, with a Black sort of shimmery suit and pants.

"You know you're much better than William. When it comes to choosing something like this in an event like this..." She tells me as she eyed the dress again. I chuckled.

"Why is that?" I ask her confusingly.

"Will won't chose something like this. Too revealing..." She tells me.

"Well.. What can I say, I love making other guys jealous, having a beautiful woman around my arm..." I tell her amusingly as I playfully pulled her towards me, her face is just right in front of mine as I leans down looking deeply to her eyes. I saw the spark of nervousness on it.

"Too bad, I'm not your woman..." She whispered and pushed me gently, letting her go..

"Yeah, Well, I'm your ride might as well call me your date for tonight, Love..." I tell her with a smirk. She giggled and gave me a little poke to my nose. I frowned.

She'll really be the death of me. I can't wait for this bet to be over.

X