Part 42: Depression

~ A week later~

I'm on my way home from the hospital. The crew was great, one of them stayed every night. They really were so sweet.

I text Austin all day, well until he has something to do. We Skype almost every night. Unless, he's busy. It's been really hard here without him and it's only been a week. I don't know how I am going to survive nine months.

Alex is driving me home since I wasn't feeling up to it. The car ride was silent besides the quiet music playing.

Alex seemed to be there for me the most. I would consider him my best friend.

"Hey, are you okay." He asked me, not taking his eyes off the road. I sighed in response. I don't really know.

"Uhm, I don't know." I told him honestly. I kept my gaze out the window.

"You know if you ever feel lonely you can always call me. I'll come over in a heart beat." I looked over at him, and he snuck a glance at me. He flashed me his huge smile. I smiled for a second before I thought of something depressing.

"When do you go back to Texas?" I questioned him, barely audible.

"We were supposed to go back last week, but we needed to stay here." He still didn't answer my question.

"Okay..? Do when do you go back?" I asked again.

"Uhh whenever you don't need us here anymore." He explained. So basically, they need to be home but they're staying here for me. That's so sweet. I love the crew.

"Awh, you guys are so sweet." I smiled at him.

We were almost home when I heard a familiar tune on the radio. I immediately turned the volume all the way up. This song put me in a good mood. Just hearing his voice was enough to put a smile on my face.

"I-I'M FEELIN YOUR THUNDER! THE STORMS GETTING CLOSER, THIS RAIN IS LIKE FIRE." I yelled along with the radio.

Alex stayed in the driveway of my house until the song was over. When it was over I got out of the car and headed towards the door. "You can come in." I told him.

"Thanks, but I have to go do something. I'll stop by later." I waved goodbye to him until I couldn't see him anymore. I sighed. I'm alone again.

Once inside, I walked past the kitchen making me think about food. Was I hungry? Eh not really. I shrugged it off and continued to drag myself up to my room.

I came to the conclusion that maybe a nice long nap would be good. I took off my jeans and loose top. I decided it'll be more comfortable to sleep in my undergarments. I shuffled over to the bed and cuddled in under the blankets.

I like when my room is freezing cold so I can cuddle into the blankets. I hate when it's so hot you just don't know what to do with yourself. I'm rambling, oops. Don't judge me, I'm tired.

Just as my eyes were about to close my phone started blaring my ringtone. I groaned before answering the phone, without looking at the I.D.

"What?" I spat into the phone. I'm extremely tired and I don't feel like putting up with anyone.

"Woah, babe. Are you okay?" Austin's gentle voice soothed through the phone.

"Yeah, sorry. I was just about to fall asleep." I confessed. I knew he was going to feel terrible about waking me up. I shouldn't have told him.

"Oh." Austin seemed disappointed. "Then just forget I called."

"No, sweetheart. What did you want?" He can't just call me, wake me up, and then tell me never mind.

"I was just going to ask you if you wanted to Skype but you're sleeping so forget it." You could hear the disappointment in his voice.

"I've been waiting all day for you too call me. Of course I want to Skype with you." I miss him so much, there is no way I'm giving up any time we could be talking. I know how tight his schedule is.

"Really? I don't want you not to sleep."

"It's fine really. Let me just go get my laptop." I smiled at the thought of seeing him in a few seconds.

"Okay. Talk to you in a few!" I could now hear the excitement and joy laced in his voice. I smiled slightly.

I leaned over to the side of my bed and carefully picked up my laptop. As soon as I signed into skype, Austin immediately called me. I accepted and his beautiful face popped up on my screen.

"Hey!" I said smiling into the camera. I noticed a weird look on Austin's face. "What's wrong?"

"You might want to put some clothes on, I'm not exactly in a priva-"

"Hey Gab-oh I'm so sorry!" Dave cut Austin off. He disappeared just as quickly as he appeared. My face turned bright red as I walked over to my closet. I pulled out one of Austin's big t-shirts and threw it on. I inhaled his scent. It just made me miss him more. I plopped back down on my bed, and looked up at a smirking Austin.

"What?" Even though I knew exactly why he was looking at me like that.

"Why were you only in your undergarments? I mean don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it. Buuuut.." He trailed off chuckling slightly.

"Well, I was going to take a nap and I decided my clothes were annoying so I didn't wear any." I said quietly while a blush crept on my cheeks.

"You're so cute." Austin cooed. "So guess what." He said with a hint of excitement in his voice.

"What?" I asked as I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion.

"Rocco said that as soon as you go into labor I can hop on a private jet and fly home no strings attached." His smile was from ear to ear.

"Austin, that's great!" I mimicked his expression as a yawn escaped my lips.

"I know!" He noticed the yawn. "Get some sleep love. I'll call you later!" We both kissed the camera and said our goodbyes. The screen went black and I set my laptop on the floor.

I laid back in bed and slowly fell asleep.

{Austin's POV}

Not having Gabby around is killing me. I have no idea what to do. I try and put on a happy face when i am performing but it's just so hard. I am use to having her around me all the time.

Now she is a whole ocean away from me. The fact that she is pregnant just makes it worse. I can't be there when her stomach hurts, or when she can't fall asleep. I can't be there when she is feeling lonely or just needs to be comforted. This is the worst feeling in the world.

I was laying in my bed right now just thinking about her. I really haven't left my room unless I have too. Rocco and Dave constantly try and get me to come out. It doesn't work.

I also haven't really been eating properly. I'm just never hungry. Maybe I am a little depressed I don't know.

"Austin, why don't you come out here and watch tv with us for a little bit?" I heard Dave's voice faintly. I just groaned and closed my eyes. "Austin seriously let's go." His voie became a little more demanding.

"I don't want to." I yelled so he'd be able to hear me. I wish everyone would just leave me alone. If i don't want to come out, I'm not going to.

"You're not acting right. Do you want to get sick? What happens if something happens to you and then Gabby is all by herself? Huh? Then what?" Perfect now he is trying to guilt me into coming out.

Just beacuse I'm laying in bed doesn't mean anything. It's been a pretty hard week on me, why can't anyone understand that?

"Dave, how the hell is me hiding out in my room going to affect my health in anyway? I am fine. Just leave me alone." I groaned again. I just want to be left alone. God.

"Well you aren't eating correctly. I honestly barely see you eat anything at all. Did you even eat anything today?"

No. "Yes, Dave. I ate a lot." I lied right through my teeth.

"Okay, then what did you have?" Suspision dripping off every word he spoke.

Nothing. "I had that left over pizza in the fridge." Did we even have left over pizza?

"Whatever Austin, You're only hurting yourself. You'll find out." Dave sighed and then walked away. Thank God.

I stripped off my shirt and sank back into my bed.

I closed my eyes and sleep overtook my body.

{End of POV}

"What about love? What about our promises?"

My phoned blared my ringtone, waking me up from my nice peaceful sleep. I looked and the caller I.D. and saw that it was Austin. I was confsued beacuse he knew i was sleeping. He wouldnt have woken me up uless it was extremely important.

"Austin? Are you okay?" I asked, worried.

"Gabby? Why would you think something was wrong?" I heard a voice, which didnt belong to Austin, beam through the phone. I knew exactly who this was. Why was he calling me?

"Dave? Why are you calling me from Austin's phone? Is he okay? What's going on?" I started panicking. What the heck is going on?

"Well i mean he's not really okay. I mean he's fine now it's just-"

"DAVE JUST TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED?" I cut him off, yelling.

"Okay well, being away from you is killing him. He is like super depressed. He never comes out of his room, he lies about eating all the time. I mean he didn't eat anything at all today. He tried telling me that he ate the left over pizza, but we don't even have left over pizza. I am really worried about him but he won't listen to me." You could tell that he was sincerely worried about Austin.

"So he's just not eating?" I asked making sure I was hearing this right.

"Yeah, like he won't touch any food. He's starting to scare me."

"Can you put him on the phone?" I asked, on the verge of tears.

"Uh he's sleeping now. Do you want me to wake him up?"

"Uhm yeah can you please?" I was biting down on my lip so I wouldn't start crying.

I heard some shuffling on the phone. I sighed trying to think of what I'm going to say to him. He's like starving himself? Why in world would he do that.

"Hello? Gabby? Are you okay?" I heard Austin's sleepy voice with a hint of panic.

"What the hell are you thinking?" I semi yelled into the phone. I'm scared for him, which is making me mad at him for not taking care of himself.

"Uh, I don't know what you're talking about?" Austin was clearly confused.

"Austin, what have you eaten today?" I asked as a tear slipped out of my eye.

"Dave.." I heard Austin mumble. "Look Gabby. I'm fine."

"You didn't answer my question. What did you eat today?" I questioned as my voice cracked.

"I had-"

"Don't even think about lying to me either." I cut him off.

"Fine, I didn't eat anything. I'm not hungry though."

"Austin. You need to eat." I looked down as the tears started to fall. "Look, I know how hard it is. I miss you like crazy! We are strong though, we will get through this okay? You just need to take care of yourself."

"I know, it's just I miss you." He sighed. The only thing that could be heard were my cries. "I'll go eat something." Hearing that made me smile.

"Promise?"

"I promise." He swore.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

@@@@@@@@@

~Five months later~

{Austin's POV}

A few months ago, I promised Gabby that I would start eating. I have been eating, just not a lot. I'll eat like a cracker here and there. I can't help it. I'm just not hungry.

I'm still pretty depressed. I don't know what it is about not being around Gabby, but it just depresses me.

I am currently getting ready for a concert. I have like ten minutes left to get ready. I put on some cologne and I was ready to go.

Once I arrived at the venue, I had my sound check, and then I took a nap on the couch until it was time to perform.

"Austin. Austin. Wake up."

I opened my eyes to Dave shaking me. I groaned as I stood up.

"You're on in five minutes." He shot me a sympathetic stare before leaving.

I fixed my hair and walked over to my spot. I suddenly felt a little weak, but I just brushed it off.

Once I was on stage, I began singing Heart in my Hand. Towards the middle of the song my vision started turning into blotchy black spots. I was getting dizzy.

It came to the point where I couldn't hold myself up. I collapsed on the stage.

I looked out into the crowd until everything was now black.

{End of POV}

I am so excited! Today is the day I can find out the sex of my baby. I actually have a bump now. People always come up to me and ask if they can feel my stomach. It's quite awkward, not gonna lie.

Alex and the crew went back to Texas about a two weeks ago. I was so sad when they left. I miss them so much. I hang out with Michele and Izzy now.

I was currently getting ready for my doctors' appointment which is in like five minutes. I am so going to be late.
I ran down the stairs and got into my car.

I was on my way to the doctors' when my phone started ringing. I knew Austin had a concert so I wasn't sure who would be calling me. I looked down and saw it was Rocco. What did he want?

"Hello?" I answered, confusion clearly in my voice.

"Gabby." He drifted off. "Something's happened."

"What?" I was panicking now. "What's wrong?"

"It's Austin."

_____________

Okay so yay! I finally updated(:

I have school tomorrow. *cries forever bc summer is over.*

I hope you liked this update.

I love you with all of my heart<3

As usual: VOTE COMMENT FAN.

Oh and one more thing. WE MADE IT. 2013 REALLY WAS OUR YEAR. IM SO PROUD.

THANK YOU!!