Part 41: Go, I'll be fine.

{Austin's POV}

After I left the crews' hotel room, I made my way to my mom and Izzy's house.

I decided maybe playing the radio will take my mind off things for a few minutes. As soon as I turned on the radio, they were talking about the incident. I groaned and turned the radio off. Once again, sitting in silence.

I pulled into my mom's drive way minutes later. As soon as the car shut off, I hopped out, and jogged up to the door. I pulled my key out and unlocked the door, stepping inside.

"Mom." I yelled, trying not to cry. I think this is the most I've cried in my entire life. I wish today would just be over, and I could just have Gabby back. Safely in my arms.

"Omg, Austin." She cooed, immediately diving in for a hug. She wrapped her arms around me, and that was enough to cause the tears. Here they come again. I sniffles as my mom rubbed my back soothingly. "They're going to find her Austin. Everything will be okay. She'll be okay. I promise." She pushed me back arms length so she could flash me a small, fake, smile.

"You can't promise that." I whispered and looked anywhere but at her. I couldn't look at her, I just contained my sobs. I know that she is trying to stay strong for me, that's why she isn't crying. She sighed before letting her arms drop off my shoulders. "How is Izzy?" I asked as the little girl popped into my head.

"I haven't told her." My mom looked down, "I didn't have the heart. Do you think she should know?"

I thought about that for a little. I guess she has a right to know. "Yeah, I'll go tell her now if you want me to."

"Would you?" She asked in a small voice, slowly looking up at me. I nodded my head. "Thank you!" She exclaimed. "Izzy is up in her room." I nodded my head before heading up the familiar set of stairs.

I knocked on her door once. She opened the door with a Barbie in her hand. She smiled widely up at me. "Are you going to play with me? Where's Gabby?" She asked. The last question made my heart ache. If only she knew.

"That's uhm, what I wanted to talk to you about." I explained scratching the back of my head.

"You wanted to talk about playing with me? What about it?" She asked, scrunching her eyebrows together in confusion. I chuckled slightly at her little mix up.

"No. I wanted to talk to you about where Gabby is." I clarified as I walked over to sit on her bed. She hopped up next to me and looked at me

"Okay. Where is she?"

"She uh..well you see...uh." I looked at her wall trying to think of how to put this. "Okay, so a few months back..Gabby and I got into an argument. She got angry with me and she left Miami and went back to her home town. When she was there, her ex boyfriend, Cody, was trying to hurt her. I got there before anything happened and I put him in jail. He was very mad at me." I tried explaining the best that I could. "Do you understand so far?" I asked, making sure she was following along.

"Yep. I don't see how this has anything to do with where Gabby is...but continue." She ushered for me to continue, so I did.

"Well Cody was following her, and we didn't know it. Gabby went to Target this morning and Cody was there. Cody took her, and now we don't know where she is or if she is hurt." I finished and looked right at her. Her eyes began to swell, and a few tears tooled down her face.

Just like my mom was strong for me a few minutes ago, I had to be strong for Izzy. I wrapped my arms around her, and pulled her into my lap. I rocked her back and forth as she rested her head on my chest and cried. Her breathing eventually evened out and I looked down to see her sleeping. I gently laid her down in her bed and kissed her forehead.

I slowly walked out of her room and downstairs. I joined my mom on the couch and stared at nothing in particular. I just, don't know what to do with myself.

"I'm going to go looking for her." I stated while getting up and walking towards the door. I had my mind set. I wasn't waiting on the cops any longer.

"Austin. No." My mom ran, and stood in front of the door. She was blocking my exit. "As much as I want Gabby to be back here safely, I can't risk losing you too." Tears pricked at the rims of her eyes.

"I have to do this." I whispered looking down at the floor. Just as I was about to dart for the back door, the phone rang.

"Austin, I have to go get that. Don't you even think about leaving. We aren't finished talking about this." She said sternly. I rolled my eyes and sighed as she ran to get the phone.

She came back minutes later with a horror stricken face. She looked like she was about to bust into tears any second. My expression softened when I saw her. "What?" I asked her. "What mom?"

"I-it's Gabby." That's all she managed to say before she lost it. The tears started running down her face. I started panicking. Why was she crying? Is Gabby alive? What's going on?

"Mom tell me what happened. Right now." I said, my voice even and emotionless. "WHAT HAPPENED?" I accidentally yelled, when she wasn't answering me. She jumped back a little, startled from my sudden volume change. I didn't mean it, it just sort of came out.

"Sh-she was shot. She's o-on her way to the hos-hospital." She stuttered, trying to get the words out. That's all I needed to hear before I darted for the door.

I ran down the steps and to my car. I ignored the screams from my mom telling me to get back here. I didn't care. The only thing on my mind at the moment was Gabby.

I raced to the hospital, only causing me to get stopped by a police officer for speeding. You know what, I've about had it with these damn people.

"Sir do you realize you were go-Mr. Mahone?" The cop must've recognized me from this morning. I nodded my head. "On your way to the hospital?" He questioned me. I slowly nodded my head again as a few tears ran down my face. "Oh, sorry for pulling you over. Carry on." I watched him drive away in disbelief. I was going a good thirty over the speed limit and he just...lets me go? Maybe these guys aren't that bad after all.

I pulled back onto the road and continued to the hospital. The ride was long and boring. All I could think about was her. I had no idea if she was alive or anything. I decided I wanted to talk to someone for the rest of the ride there.

"Call, AC" I told my car to call alex, because he's the only one that can make me feel better.

"Calling 'AC'" The car said back to me. I love this car.

"Hey man, how you holding up?" Alex asked, answering the phone.

"She's in the hospital." I said blankly. I waited a few minutes before he responded.

"What happened?" He asked slowly.

"She was shot." I, to my surprise, stated clearly. I guess I must've cried myself out.

"Do you want us to come down?" He asked me. See, he's always there for me.

"Please, man. I don't think I can do this by myself." I told him honestly.

"Okay, see you in a few." That was the last thing he said before hanging up.

I pulled into the hospital parking lot minutes later. I got out of my car and ran for the front doors, which caused a lot of people to give me strange looks. I don't care, look at me. My wife may be dying, so of course I'm going to run. I rolled my eyes as I walked through the doors.

As soon as I was inside I walked to the front desk. "I'm looking for Gabby Mahone." I stated as soon as I was at the desk.

"She's in surgery, so you're going to have to take a seat." The lady said, with slight attitude. Well, then.

I plopped down in the seat, and a few seconds later, the crew and Becky sat next to me.

All we could do now is wait.

{End of POV}

My eyes fluttered open and I looked around the room I was in. All the walls were white, and there was a middle aged man standing in front of me. That's when the previous events started flowing through my mind. I only wanted one thing at the moment.

"Austin." I croaked since my mouth was so dry. "Can you please get me Austin?" I asked the strange man.

"Yes. In one second. I just have to run a few tests on you." He walked over to the side of my bed and sat down in the chair. "Do you remember what happened?" He asked me, as he took my wrist in his hand checking my pulse.

"Well I know I was shot, but I thought I died." I replied, a few tears running down my face. Then another thought occurred to me. "What about my baby? Is he/she okay? Omg. Please tell me it's fine." I started panicking.

"Yes, you were shot. The shot was a centimeter from hitting your brain and killing you instantly." He told me looking directly in my eyes, not answering the question about my baby. "And, you're baby is fine. That was one of the first things we checked." He gave me a small smile, and I sighed in relief. He stood up and walked towards the door. "I'll go get Austin for you then." He said, smiling before he disappeared.

My heart fluttered at the thought of Austin. I didn't think I was ever going to see him again. I'm so exited and anxious to see him. He honestly means the world to me.

The door opened and my handsome husband walked in. He shut the door behind him and nearly sprinted to my bed. I opened my arms and he threw himself into them. My arms closed around him, giving him a squeeze. He squeezed me back gently, afraid that he might break me. Austin pulled back slightly and pressed his lips to mine. I kissed back with equal force. He smiled into the kiss, causing us to pull apart. Austin sat down in the chair next to my bed and took my hand in his.

"I love you, and I thought I was never going to see you again. I'm so sorry. This was all my fault." He gushed looking into my eyes.

"I love you too." I smiled looking back into his eyes. "but, this was in no way your fault. Don't blame yourself." He nodded his head knowing I didn't feel like arguing.

"So, you probably don't want to talk about this...but I have to ask." Austin stated shakily looking anywhere but at me. I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion.

"Austin, you can ask me anything." I squeezed his hand a little making him look at me. I gave him a reassuring smile.

"Okay, well. I was just wondering..uh.." He broke off, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. Why was he acting like this? "Did...uh..Cody, uhm touch you?" He asked looking me in the eyes. I was a bit taken back by his question.

"Uh, yeah." I sighed and looked down as a few tears fell from my eyes. "He uhm, he made out with me..." I looked down.

"Did you kiss him back?" Austin ask curiously. I don't think he'll mind that I did. I mean, I did it so that I'd have a better chance if getting out alive.

"Yeah, only so that he wouldn't hurt me." I continued once I remember another little detail. "But, when his hands got to high on my body for my liking, I slapped him across the face." I smiled proudly at my actions. Austin's gloomy face, turned into a happy smiley face.

"That's my girl." Austin cooed as he kissed my cheek. "You know, if Cody wasn't already dead, I'd kill him." He whispered in my ear causing a chill to travel down my spine.

"You're not going to leave me, right?" I asked him as tears clouded my vision. I wanted him to stay at the hospital with me. I'm afraid of being alone.

"No, never. Why would you even ask that. I'm never letting you out of my sight again. If I would've just gone with yo-" Austin started rambling on, but I cut him off.

"Stop." I put my hand under his chin slowly lifting it up so he was looking directly at me. "I'm okay, the baby is okay, and I'm with you. That's all that matters." I whispered, placing my lips on top of his gently. Our lips began to move in a perfect sync. I placed my arm around his neck,running my fingers through his hair. Austin had his arms place on either side of my face. This lasted only a few minutes before we pulled apart, breathless.

I moved over slightly in my bed making room for Austin. He smiled but then it disappeared.

"What?" I asked him confused.

"We can't cuddle yet because the crew and Becky are outside waiting to see you." He groaned as he walked towards the door to let them all in. I laughed slightly at his impatient quality. It's quite cute actually.

Becky was the first one to come running in. "Omg, gabby. I was so scared." I gave her a big hug.

Alex came next, then Robert, and finally Zach. They stayed until it got dark out. They all said their goodbyes, leaving Austin and I alone.

Austin got into the bed with me, and wrapped his arms around me carefully. "My mom and Izzy are coming tomorrow." He whispered. I just nodded my head and yawned. He kissed my forehead gently. "Get some sleep angel, I'll be here when you wake up."

I smiled before closing my eyes and falling into a deep sleep.

@@@@@@@@

When I opened my eyes, I wasn't in the hospital anymore. I was at, I looked around, Target? Why am I at Target? I slowly walked to the back of the room where the scene before my eyes caused me to gasp.

Cody had the same ten year old girl that was held hostage that day. He had her by the neck, the gun pointed at her head. Cody looked up at me before he shot her, killing her. "It's all your fault." Cody told me in his icy voice.

It's all my fault. It's all my fault. It's all my fault.

My eyes shot open, and I sat up in bed clutching my heart as I gasped for air. Austin immediately woke up and wrapped his arms around me. "Are you okay?" He asked me concerned.

"Yeah, just had a nightmare. That's all." I whispered as I wiped the tears that were now flowing from my eyes. "Austin?"

"Yeah?"

"Was it my fault?"

"Was what your fault sweetheart?"

"That ten year old that died. It was my fault wasn't it?" I asked, the tears started coming faster.

"No Gabby, it wasn't your fault. Cody was messed up. It's his fault all of this happened. It wasn't your fault I promise." Austin gently pulled me down so we were both laying. I placed my head on his chest listening to his steady heart beat.

"Austin?" I asked again.

"Yeah?" He chuckled as we repeated the same conversation. I smiled a little.

"Will you sing to me?"

"Of course darling, what song?"

"Chasing cars." I requested as a yawn escaped my lips.

"We'll do it all, everything thing on our own..."

During his singing, I drifted off into a nice peaceful sleep.

@@@@@@@@

I woke up to a pair of warm lips being pressed to mine. I smiled and opened one eye.

"Good morning beautiful!" Austin sang cheerfully. I just groaned and closed my eyes again. I'm tired. "You need to get up, there is a nurse here to check up on you, and my mom and Izzy are on their way." I groaned again but this time I opened my eyes.

Austin rolled out of my bed and allowed the nurse to do her business. She also informed me that I would be able to leave in a week. After that she left the room.

Wait, Austin's supposed to be leaving for his tour today. I'm gonna be alone for an entire week. I started shaking. I'm terrified to be alone ever since yesterday. I don't want to be alone.

As soon as Austin noticed my shaking, he came over to me and placed my hand in his. "What is it love? Why are you shaking?" He asked me, with concern clear as day on his face.

"You leave for tour today." I replied barely above a whisper. I looked down at the bed. "I don't want to argue with you, but you're going. I don't want to hold you back. Okay? You already told the mahomies and I'm not gonna be the reason they be disappointed."

"But-"

"No buts. I'll call Alex and the crew to stay with me. I'll make one of them stay the night with me each night. We can text and Skype. It'll be okay."

"Gabby I-"

"Austin, I want you to go." I told him honestly, looking directly in his eyes. "When does your flight leave?"

"Six." He sighed in defeat.

"We have six hours together." I smiled down at him. Then a thought occurred to me. "Can you ask your mom to stop and get me food. I don't want to eat the nasty hotel food." He chuckled slightly as he brought his phone out to text his mom.

"She said she will. She also said see you in ten minutes." I smiled because I can't wait to see them. "Are you sure you'll be okay with me leaving?" He looked up at me with sad eyes.

"Yes. I'll be fine I promise." I kissed him slowly for a few seconds. "Now, get back on this bed because I'm freezing." He smiled at me shaking his head before slipping in next to me. He wrapped his arms around me and I laid my head on his chest. "I love you."

"I love you too, Austy."

"Please don't call me that." He groaned at the nickname and I giggled.

~six hours later~

Austin and I spent all day just messing around and enjoying each others company. Michele and Izzy only stopped in for a few minutes because they had something to do. I forget where they went but yeah. They told me they'd come back tomorrow and stay longer.

Austin also called Alex to come over and watch me tonight. He gladly accepted and is on his way over. Which is what Austin is waiting for. As soon as Alex gets here, he's off to England.

Austin and I are still cuddled up in bed. "I don't want to leave you." He whispered, kissing my head.

"I don't want you to leave either, but you have too." I whispered back, as a tear slid down my face. I wiped it away quickly before Austin could see.

"I saw that." He whispered again, this time with a slight chuckle.

"Shoot, I thought you didn't see it."

Just as he was about to reply there was a knock at the door. "That's my que." he stated, sadly.

Alex came walking in and smiled at us. Austin and Alex talked for a little before Austin actually had to leave. They bro hugged. "Take care of my girl, okay? If anything happens to her, I'll blame you." He told Alex honestly.

"Won't let her out of my sight. I promise man, she's in good hands." They bro hugged again before he made his way over to me.

I bit my lip trying not to cry. I wrapped my arms around his neck, holding him close not wanting to let go. "Bye baby, I'll miss you so much. I love you." He whispered into my ear.

"Bye, I'll miss you more. I love you too." He planted a soft kiss on my lips before he lowered his head to my stomach.

"I promise I won't miss you being born. I'll be there." He kissed my stomach before kissing my head again slowly. "Bye."

I swallowed my tears until the door shut behind him. As soon as he was gone, the tears began flowing. Alex came over and tried comforting me with one of his famous hugs.

"It'll be okay gabby." Alex told me while rubbing my back.

This is going to be a long nine months.

________________

Awh so Austin's gone :( this chapter is fairly long, I think.

Question: do you think Austin will make it back in time for the birth?

Well, I hope you enjoyed. I love you<3

As usual: VOTE COMMENT FAN

THANK YOU :****