T E N

The Head, Canley, didn't look exactly how I imagined him to be. Other members made him seem really tall, buff, and just scary looking. Yet... he's short, nice, and just a tad bit old. "Do you know how we can solve this issue? Couldn't Harrison do something else?" Canley asked.

I shook my head knowing Gi is doing the same thing. "Sir, Harrison is the best in the tech field. He couldn't figure out who did it, or how it happened. He thought it was someone in the division, but if it was, it would have left a trail, as Harrison put it." Gi explained. Canley nodded. He picked up his phone and pressed some numbers on it and waited.

"Franklin. It's David. I have a code 17. Yeah." Code 17? Maybe it means someone deleted most wanted files? Canley hung up. "I just called in to the CIA, they are going to figure out who did it." I felt my phone vibrate against my leg. "What do we do from here, sir?" I asked.

"Solve the case you're on. Get evidence. We can't point fingers just yet." Gi and I both nodded and walked out of the office. Once Gi shut the doors and I made my way towards the elevators, greeting the lady at the desk outside Canley's office. 

I pulled out my phone and looked to see a text from an unknown number: "Get home. Pack. Get to hideout."

***

I know I can't make myself look like the guilty party, but I know they're going to figure out that I did make contact with Jack and Jason. I think I should go ahead and get myself out of here quickly. I don't know what to really do at this point. Do I help myself and just confess to everything and deal with a "Get Out Of Jail" card? Or should I just tag along with them?

I owe them. 

"You know you don't have much time..."  I stayed quiet. I can feel the breeze on my skin giving me goosebumps. It wasn't chilly or hot, but that nice spring breeze that you would hope to last forever. The sky was painted with pink, orange and you can see the bright yellow and white-ish ball ready to call it a night. The view of the city is just so beautiful. Maybe I can live here forever. I smiled at the event that just took place on the top this skyscraper. No way in hell I'm going to be able to see this view anymore. 

"You won't make it in there. You should probably go now." I ignored their suggestion. They probably knows how a women prison is like. "I won't tell anyone why or what happened, but I can say it was defense." 

I should be awestruck from this gorgeous view, but my insides are numb and my mind is blank. 

"No."

"No?" 

"No..." I spoke softly. 

"I don't know." 

I can hear sirens from below. I closed my eyes hoping that this is all a dream and that maybe I'll wake up. "You should go. We have this." 

I opened my eyes and just stared at the photo that is hanging above my dresser. I can think of plenty of possibilities, but yet none of them seems to help me. I continued putting my clothes in my bag and zipped it closed. 

I hear loud knocks coming from the front door. I tossed my bag in my closet and and walked out of my bedroom and to the front door. I unlocked the door and opened it to see Gi in front of me. 

"Hey! What are you doing here? I thought you were still working?"

Gi looked down at her shoes and back up at me. "I am..." 

I was confused for a moment. Why would she be here?

"Veronica Morgan. You're under arrest... anything you say can and will be used against you. I'm sorry to do this, Vee." Gi spoke as she pulled out her cuffs and turned me around to cuff me. 

I should've reported it in.