T H R E E

I groan on the inside, and gave him my usual "I'm-Not-In-The-Mood" look. Vincent shook his head and gave me his million dollar smile, putting his arm around me, pulling me away from Gi. Gi took that as our usual plan and headed to the elevators.

"So when are we going to plan that date?" Vincent spoke. "There's no date. Never will be." I remove his arm off of me and made my way to the elevators, to see that Gi about to step in. "Soon there will be, Veronica Morgan! Soon!" Vincent shouted behind me as I stepped into the elevator.

Clicking the elevator button until the door shut. Grunting at the delay it's causing me of trying to get out of headquarters.

As the doors opened, Gi and I stepped out, and made our way to our cars. "I'll meet you back your place?" I said looking at Gi's direction. "Of course. Last one there, can't pick out the movie." Quickly getting our cars and leave.

I won by cheating, I had the car with the sirens. Gi got mad that night didn't bother sharing any of the ice cream.

* * *

I took a bite out of my burger, as the phone in my pocket rang. I pulled it out, both Gi and I shared the look of confusion. Looking at the screen, it was Jack. "Well answer it." Gi declared, my eyes widen at her statement. "Answer?! I don't know who this is! Do I need to remind you that this isn't even my phone?" The phone stopped vibrating but left a notification that I missed a call.

"Okay, good. He stopped." Speaking of the devil, he calls again. I picked up, "Hello?" I spoke in a low tone. "Jason, where the hell are you? Have you done the drop? You were supposed to get back to me pronto."

"Um... this isn't Jason." I reassured, both of us kept quiet. "Who the hell is this then? Why do you have my friend's phone?" I wiped my mouth with my napkin, as Gi kept her eyes on me while eating as if this was a dinner and a show. "My name is Veronica Morgan. Your friend, Jason and I bumped into each other and accidentally switched phones. We planned to get our phones switched."

There was a muffle, and a door slam. "Hold on." I was muted, unable to hear anything on the other end. I looked at Gi, as she gave me a 'What happened?' expression. I shrugged my shoulders and took a bite out of my French fries. "I'll pick up Jason's phone. Where are you?" Jack quickly returned. I looked out the window to see the tiny café that sat in between a jewelry shop and a book store. "Marie's café." "Leave the phone there, I'll pick it up later." "What about my phone?" I questioned, I have some personal shit on there. "You'll get it sent in the mail, unless my friend didn't destroy it."   

I rolled my eyes, "Okay, I'm leaving now." I hung up. I quickly sat up, and looked at Gi, "Stay here. I'll be right back." I quickly ran out of the diner and into the café. There was hardly anyone in here as I scanned the place. Just a barista behind the counter and a couple of customers sitting, and drinking their beverages or little muffins that this café is known for.

My eyes wondered to the little bar stand against the wall, it had a little flower painting on the wall, and the sugar and crème cups sitting on the table. I put the phone next to the sugar packets and crème cups. I walked out and back to the diner.

Sitting back in Gi's and I's booth, I took a minute to catch my breath. "What did you just do?" Gi questioned, munching on my fries. "I put the guy's phone on the table and left. Now, we're just going to wait." Gi shrugged, "At least I'm getting your fries," she smirked and popped a couple of my fries in her mouth. I shook my head and took one in my mouth.

Half an hour later, we both caught sight of a tall guy walking in the café. His figure seemed like he worked out a lot. Gi whistled, his appearance from behind attracted her. Typical, Gi.

Not more than 10 seconds, the figure walked out. Gi looked at me, but I kept my eyes on the figure as he got into his car and left. "Let's go." I got up and dropped a couple of 20s on the table. Gi was right behind me, getting into our squad car. I turned on the engine and began following the guy.

* * *

"Can we go home already? He's not coming out." Gi groaned. I huffed, and agreed. We were parked across the street from the Jack's house. We assume it was Jack since he said that he was picking up the phone earlier. I turned the key in the ignition, as it roared back to life. I put it in drive and drove off and back on the freeway.

"Your place? I'm not in the mood to see Dylan tonight." Gi spoke silently. Her relationship were usually the touch subject with her. I nodded, and drove to my place.