Surprise

The boys rushed off to England so quick me and Jay didn't get a chance a talk about anything. We lived thousands of miles apart, how would our relationship remain? It's not like I could just move to England, I had 6 months of college left. I was also shocked Jay didn't freak out about the whole sex thing. I was nervous if this would mess up our relationship. I felt like a a made a mess of things. He told me he loved me though. We haven't even been on a real date and barely know eachother. I was so confused.

JAYS POV

We were on the plane, on our way to see Nathan's mum. I was thinking about Em though. The first night I met her, I knew that I loved her and wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. I knew it sounded crazy but we were made for eachother. I told Max that night and he looked at me and said,"Really Bird." I have never been in love and if I feel this way after only 2 days, I can't imagine what I will feel like in 2 months or even a year. The sex thing did throw me. She was the first girl I wanted to sleep with because I deeply cared for her, It wasn't about my own needs. I would wait for her though.

We landed and took a car to the hospital. His mum just got out of surgery and his family was already there. The doctor told us she would be okay, but it would took time. Nathan's face wash filled with relief. He went back to be be with his mum when she woke. We went all went home to our own flats.

The next morning I called Nathan. "She's doing better and will be able to come home in a couple of days."

"Thats great mate really. If you need anything just let me know. " I was relieved she would make it. I don't know what he would do without her.

I wished I had Emily's number. Wait, it just hit me, we exchanged numbers before the cabin. I pulled out my phone, found her name, and hit call without even thinking about it.

"Hello?"

"Em?"

"Yeah, Jay?"

"Hey how are you?"

"Good, how is Nath's mom?"

Bloody idiot. Of course she would want to know about his mum. "Good she is out of surgery, awake, and will be able to go home in a few days."

"Thats awesome. How are you doing?"

"Good, kinda miss you."

"Kinda? Jay Mcguiness I am hurt," I could hear her smiling," plus your lying. You sound exhausted. What time is it there anyways."

"Its umm 3 in the morning."

"Silly boy, you should try to get some sleep.

"Your right Em. Maybe I should go to bed. "

"I like the sound of that. I'll let you go to sleep now. Call me later?"

"Definately. Night or whatever."

"Haha talk to ya later." I hung up and and went to bed well not really slept, just laid their. My mind was too awake for sleep.

EMILYS POV

Jay called me. I was totally not expecting it. Nathan's mom was doing better which was amazing. Jay didn't say anything about us. I didn't want to talk about it, but I knew we would have too. I was worried because I don't like being the center of attention and didn't want a whole bunch of papperezzi people following me around. I sighed. What was I going to do.

Three days later I was shopping. Not fun shopping but grocery shopping. I picked up some essentials like milk, cereal, bread, eggs, and cookie dough icecream. I could not live without that. I walked up my stairs and skillfully unlocked my door while balancing all my bags. Kicking the door closed, I went to the kitchen.

I set the stuff on the counter I didn't even realise the man behind the counter. I screamed then put my hands over my mouth. Jay, he was standing there with a tight T-shirt, jeans, and the best of all a big bouqet of roses.

"Didn't mean to scare you love."

"I didn't mean to scream," I said as I lept into his arms. He spinned me around and kissed me on the neck. "What on earth are you doing here, how did you get in? Forget it, I don't care." I gave him a soft kiss.

Laughing he told me," I rushed off unexpected and we didn't get to talk. Plus I missed you. Oh and your roommate let me in. " As if they rehearsed it, Vanessa popped her head out of her room and give me a wink. I rolled my eyes.

Wrapping my arms around him,"How long are you staying?"

"Two days."

"Awh."

"I know."

JAYS POV

We were sitting on the couch, watching movies. I had one arm around her, the other hand was resting on her knee. She was laying her head on my chest.

"Your hair smells good."

"Thanks and you smell good in general." She put her nose on me and took a deep breath.

"Ha haha."

The movie ended and neither of us moved. She rested her chin on my shoulder and was looking at me. I stared into her eyes. I couldn't resist, I leaned in and kissed her. She returned the kiss and we shifted postions a bit. I ran my fingers through hair while kissing her soft lips. I could feel her playing with on of my curls on my neck.

We pulled apart and I gave her an eskimo kiss. "How's your neck?"

"Better, but it kinda still looks bad."

"Eh, its fine," I rubbed my finger along her bruise. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Anything."

"Who is this Michael guy?"

She paused and got a look in her eyes, one I've never seen before. "Its a long story."

"I don't mind unless you don't want to talk about it. "

"No I do, you should know. "

I grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze.

"So we started dating about a month into freshman year of college. Everything was great, he was great, we were great. Two years later, he like umm I don't know. Starting dropping little hints about my looks. Rude things like maybe I could change this or that, my boob size could be bigger. This went on for 2 months. Finally I confronted him about it. He said sorry and was avoiding my questions till he slipped one day and said, 'well its because sheil--'. He was seeing this Sheila who had a big butt and boobs and was a model. I tried to dump him right when I found out but-." She stopped. I put my arm around her.

"He hurt me. He shoved me on the couch and pinned me down before I had the chance to react. I tried to shove him off me, I was really scared. He grabbed my hands in one of his hands and started pounding on my ribs. He never once before hurt me. He broke 6 ribs. I got a restraining order. He kept harassing me ecpesicailly cuz he and sheila broke up. He was crazy, he wantes to get back together and all this other stuff. I hadn't seen him in a few months until the cafe. "

She looked at up at me. I could tell this guy really hurt her. I wanted to kill him literally. How could he have hurt her like that. I reached out and touched her rib cage softly. What a bloodly rachet man. "I'm so sorry Em."

"Its not your fault."

"I just can't believe someone could be that crude."

"Me niether," she paused and smiled and me, " I am really glad you came, to Colorado. No pun intended. "

I gave her a giant hug, "Me too, I love you." Oh no not again, not the L word again what was I thinking. I do love her a lot, but she probably thought it was too soon. I can't believe it she probably thinks I am a crazy stalker or something.

"I love you too." That was unexpected, but I likes the way it sounded. I didn't want to pressure her into saying it though, we have only known eachother for like maybe 5 days.

"I erm didn't mean to well I do, but you don't have to say it back you know."

"But I do." She kissed me with a smile. I am one lucky guy.