A day out on the town

We were walking down the street the radio station was on. I was next to Jay and Nathan. I was trying to rack my brain of cool places to take them but I was drawing a blank. I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't hear Nathan calling my name,"Heeeelllloo anyone there."

"Huh, who, what," I snapped back to reality," what did you say sorry I was zoned out. "

"I asked how long you've lived here."

"Oh all my life. Well I lived right outside of Denver growing up and moved to the montains for college."

"Nice, where is your college at?" Jay asked me as you hit the button on the street light.

"A couple blocks up, we'll pass it. It is right before the town. So did you all grow up in England?"

"Not all of us, Seev is Irish," Max explained as we crossed the street and walked down the block.

"Oh yeah I did here his Irish accent. Theres my school," I pointed to a modest looking campus. There was loads of pine trees and boulders and some of the buildings looked like old log cabins, it really was breathtaking.

No one said anything, they just stood there taking it all in.

"Emmy!" Someone called.

I turned around and saw David or Davey as I call him waving at me. We had a couple of classes together and become friends fast. "Hey," I called back and started towards him.

When we got closer he gave me big hug. The kind of hug that cracks your back. He was a strong, muscley guy with dark brown hair and hazel eyes, very attractive. There was nothing romantic between us and he helped me move on after that moron Michael.

" Who are they," he asked as he dropped me back on my feet.

" These are The Wanted boys: Max, Siva, Tom, Jay, and Nathan. They were on Jack's show this morning and I was just showing them around. "

"Cool nice to meet you guys, I'm David. " He waited a moment then said, "Well have fun guys, see ya later Em," he gave me another hug and a peck on the cheek.

We kept walking and I couldn't help but notice Jay's mood had changed he seemed almost depressed. Max seemed to notice this as well and asked him," Hey you alright mate."

"Yeah why?"

"No reason, just wondering." But a second later understanding seemed to dawn in Max's eyes and he slowed down his pace and started walking next to me. "So Emily is that David Fellow your," he paused," boyfriend?"

"Davey?" I asked shocked, "no way we are just friends and plus he has a girlfriend." Jay seemed to perk up at this news. Maybe I was just hallucinating but it did seem that Jay Mcguiness had a crush on me.

Max asked me one more thing," Dont mean to pry love but do you have a boyfriend?" Jay definately started paying more attentiong and was carefully listening.

"Nope."

Max smiled and gave Jay a little a wink wich made the other boys laugh and made Jay turn a shade of pink. "Well this is the small town," I said trying to break up the awkwardness," are you hungry, we could eat at this little diner on the corner."

"STARV-ing," Tom shouted then lookd surprised when no one else answered. "Well I'm hungry," he mumbled under his breath.

We were all quiet, and then we burst into laughter. "Well," Jay said wiping a tear of laughter from his eye," Tom's hungery.

We walked into the dinner and it was nice and warm compared to the cold chill outside. It was late October and we just had our first snow less then a week ago. The waitress led us to a round corner booth. Nathan slid into the middle tom next to him on one side then siva and I slid next to siva. Jay was about to slid in next to me when Max cut him off. Jay looked shocked then mad. He gave Max a look and Max said,"I'm only teasing Bird go get her." The others smirked and I turned red.