31. Jealous Much?

Original Published Date: 23 March 2016

(Media picture of Melissa and Timothy)

Cassandra

We are at the dinner table and Jonathan was glaring at me from the other end. "So... how long you've known each other?" I ask.

"Not long, but when I look at him, I feel like I've known him forever." Melissa smiled.

"Gross mom." Donald said slurping his spaghetti.

"I believe I could relate." I smile. "But not everything is what it seems." I glare at Jonathan, who hadn't seemed to be enjoying this so much.

Jonathan growled at me causing a strange reaction from Melissa. "Maybe you should lay off the beer, let me give you a glass of water." She got up and went to the kitchen and Donald followed her, so he wouldn't be alone.

"Why are you here?" He grunted.

"Melissa's very sweet." I smirk.

"If you lay a finger on Mel-"

"Here you go Johnny, I went light on the ice." She kissed his temple and took a rightful spot at the table. "Hey, Cassandra, you can take your contacts out now. Edward won't find you here."

Jonathan looked at me and tilted his head like a confused dog. "Edward?"

"He's a bitch." Melissa says.

"Mom. That's a bad word." Donald says.

Melissa smiles softly. "Donny, go in your room so the adults can talk." He pressed his lips into a straight line and hopped out of his seat. "May I?" She asks me.

I slightly shake my head.

"Why not? I'd really like to hear about this Edward." Jonathan said very interested.

"Why?" I say mad. "Do you want to see me cry? I don't even know you! Are you out to get me? Are you friends with Eddy!?" The expression on Melissa's face scared Jonathan.

"This is her story, Johnny, if she doesn't want to tell you she doesn't have to! Please tell me, Johnny. Do you know her? No, you don't!" She yelled. While she kept yelling I smirked at him. "Come on, Cassandra, you can sleep in my bed with me, and Jonathan can sleep at his house." She smiled at me.

"Not even the couch?" He asks. "How am I suppose to protect you?" He sounded wounded.

"Protect me!? What about Donald!? We don't need you, Jonathan. I've been taking care Donald for two ears without his father, Timothy, we can manage the rest of our lives without you!" She yelled.

Then Jonathan started to think. As did I. Timothy, there's lots of Timothy's, but could this be his brother Timothy. "Melissa, could I see a picture of Timothy?"

She looked skeptical at first but got up and left. Jonathan seemed to be putting pieces together. Donald kind of looks like Timothy.

"Here. I'm the one in the pink dress, the girl was my friend Dayna." She smiled. "Her parents just past, a week before and what a original date Dayna tagged along. We went to the beach." A tear slipped her eye. "We broke up and a year later, I saw him at a market, he noticed Donald and was scared to ask if he was his. I told him no, though he was. We talked again and Donald started calling him dad." She sniffs and I give her a hug. "One day we came out the movies, and fours guys came out of know where. He knew who they were. He beat up three of them, pretty bad, and the fourth one didn't want to end the same and gave him four bullets to the chest. He was dead, by the time we got the hospital." She starts weeping more and more.