30. Melissa

Original Published Date: 11 March 2016

(Media picture of Melissa)

Cassandra

"What's her name?" My father asks Jonathan.

"Melissa, Melissa Alyson Clarke. She has a son, he five years old and the father deceased. She's human." He says standing up.

I look into the eyes of Calvin and he figured it out, he figured out my thought, he knows what I'm thinking, he knows slowly but surely I can put my wolf at ease. But the information I'm hearing, I'm not the only one hearing it my wolf is too, she's out for blood, and its no longer Jonathans'.

I settle my wolfs head on Calvins shoulder, my wolf is doing this, shes going to manipulate Calvin into letting his guard done, then I escape. He's falling for this. I try and link him but she's cutting off the communication. There's no way I can stop her until she's satisfied.

My wolf closes her eyes as if I'm about to shift, she's so smart. "Give me a blanket Troy." As soon as he turns his head to retrieve the blanket, my wolf rolls out of his arms and I'm darting through the forest.

"Where is she going?" I hear Calvin ask. "The pack house is in the other direction."

"That's because she's not going home..." I hear my father says.

"She's going after Melissa." I hear Jonathan say.

Calvin

Cassandra's fast. I can see the realization stretch across Jonathan face, as his facial expression changes. "She going after Melissa." He immediately shifts and darts after her. But Alpha Dove just stood there.

"Sir, what do we do?" I ask.

"Cassandra knows what she's getting herself into, consider it a life lesson." He says walking away.

"But Jonathan has something to fight for, Cassandra's wolfs mind is set on vengeance, what if she dies?"

"She won't."

"What make you so sure?" I ask him.

"Just wait, Calvin... I have my reasons."

Melissa

"Come on, Donald, you gotta eat something sweet heart." I say softly to him.

"Its daddy's birthday." He starts to cry again. " I want to spend it with him."

"I know, I know Donny, I do too. But we have to move on. You know Jonathon said he had some errands to run, and he'll be right back. We could make some homemade cookies until he arrives." I wipe his face clear from tears and he nods. "Now go wash your hands and we can get started." He smiled softly to me and hopped of the couch.

Come on Johnathon where are you?

The doorbell rings and its not like Jonathan ring the doorbell he usually knocks.

"Who is it?" I ask.

"Please. I need help and no one else will help me." I open the door see a blonde girl with purple eyes and no clothing. She was dirty and was trying hide herself as she shivered with fear.

I grab a blanket off the couch and wrap it around her. "Whats wrong?"

She seems as if she was crying and trying get over something. "My boyfriend." She sniffles.

"What happened?"

"I come home from work, and he's drunk, not like it's unusual. A girl, I didn't even know walks out of my bedroom, wearing my bathrobe. I look at my boyfriend Edward, but everyone calls him Eddy. He tells me to make myself a nice warm bath. And to prevent myself from being a victim of more domestic violence, I do. But when I get out he burned all my clothes and told me to leave, with a gun up my head, he said 'leave and do not come back'. So I leave and I'm going from door to door for help, but who would help a naked girl." She starts crying even more. "I should've listened to my mom when she told me to get away from him, but I thought I knew everything and now I have no where to go." I feel so bad for this poor girl.

"What's your name."

"Cassandra." She wipes her face. "Cassandra Dove."

"Mom... who's she?" I look behind me and Donald pointing at Cassandra.

"Don't point, that isn't nice. Cassandra, this is my son, Donald. Donald this is Cassandra, she a friend in need of help." I say trying to smile.

"Why are your eyes purple?" He asks.

"They're contacts. I like to be different from others." I can tell in her voice it wasn't her decision to make them that way and she was trying not to cry.

He smiles at her and goes into the kitchen. "Hey Donald go to your right fast," I waited until door closed, "come with me, I think I may have some clothes that can fit you." She smiles follows me.

We are the same size and that made things a lot simpler.

She gives me a hug. "Thank you. You have no idea how useful you are." I hug her back.

"I never liked feeling useless. Come on, Donald and I are baking cookies, we would be more than happy to have you help."

She smiles happily and followed me back to the kitchen.

Cassandra

"These cookies are amazing, Melissa." I smile. My wolf has never been so manipulative, conning, arrogant, and disappointing. I have to admit covering up the purple eyes saying, contacts, was basic but brilliant. Im thankful my eyes are purple though, if they were red then I don't think this would've worked.

"Oh, thank you, just a family recipe." Her smile is so pretty and gentle. I can tell her heart is bigger than any other. Her eyes light up when she sees me smile, knowing my wolf told a very unbelievable story. Although, Donald has taken a liking to me. He like a little brother I've never had.

"Well call me your sister and let's get sharing." We both laugh. I guess my wolf is a great actress when following the trail of vengeance. "This Johnathon, that you met. Do you love him?"

"He's a great guy at heart. He has told me he has to reap what he's sewn, you know right a few of his wrongs. He says he has a dark past and he will clean it up before it finally catches up to him. I'm also glad Donald approves of him. I want to make sure if I'm with a guy he has to love my son like he does and me, and Donald has to take a liking to him. Jonathan is a great guy." She smiles.

Oh you have no idea.

Then someone knocks on the door. "I'll get it." I pick up Donald and get the door. I open the door and to my surprise its Jonathan holding a bouquet of roses. "Hi." I smile. "You must be Jonathan."