23.Changed

Original Published Date: 07 November 2015

-edited-

Cassandra 

Calvin placed his soft lips on mine, I didn't care for the cut on his lip. Why didn't the Goddess pair me with him? No one else is better for me than him, but the Goddess makes no mistakes.

He pulls away from me and gives a weak smile, which I returned with a stupid smile.

I start to wrap his knuckles with the white bandage as the smile on my face refused to go away. But I was going to ask him something before he kissed me, though. I just can't remember right now.

The silence was eating me. I have to say something. "It's funny you're the one in the infirmary, now." I laugh.

"I'll be okay, as long as you stay with me."

I bite my lower lip. The the question finally came to me. "Why were you and Grant fighting? Like, we're at war fighting."

"I'll just say something's aren't easy to let someone just have. I just fight for what I want, even if I don't have it."

"If you don't want to tell me," I use my left hand to cup his right cheek, "you don't have to." I cup his chin and bring his lips to mine, only for a second. "Come on, I'm hungry."

He tried to resist my offer, but I was very convincing.

I made me and Calvin some grilled cheese with bologna in between, it wasn't much, but it was good. We were having a good time, up until my father said he needed to borrow Calvin for moment.

I walk into the theater room, where we can watch movies of our pick, or hack Movie 19 system and watch something new that came out.

I saw Deb and Reynold, watching Remember Me, I tried to make a slow exit, but I was caught.

"Cass, where are you going?" Debra asked.

"You know, I don't really like this movie, I'm just going to go see what's on regular TV." I say, half my body inside and the other out.

"We could watch another movie, I didn't even want to watch this movie, Reynold did." Reynold smacked his lips and gave Debra a 'are your being serious' look, indicating that she was lying. "Please, you just woke up and I want to spend time with my best friend."

"Hmmm, right. Well right now you watch your movie with your m-mate." I choked on the word mate, I don't even know why, then I start to cough uncontrollably.

Debra was by my side and was beating my back out of place. Reynold gave me some of his soda from his popcorn although that wasn't best source of liquid, but it helped. "What happened?"  Debra asked in a gasp.

"I don't know, I just said-"

"Mate." She interrupted.

"Ya, then I started choking."

"You probably don't want to say that word then, not yet at least." Reynold said.

I nod my head in agreement. Maybe I should stay away from that topic.

"I'm going to go find Calvin." I say, leaving.

"Okay. But what ever you do stay away from Menus and Maria, okay." Debra stresses.

"Why?" I ask.

"Word is, they're the ones that was on the inside job, helping Nadia." I look at her odd.

"It's not true. Nadia gave me a lists of names of people who traded on me, when she thought that for sure I'd die this time."

Reynold got close. "What were the list of names?" He asks.

Calvin

"Yes sir." I say.

"Grant, came to me, after you won Cassandra over."

"Okay."

"He wants to tell her, and challenge you for her." He says.

"Well, that's dumb. Why would he do that?" I ask.

"Did she ask you, why you two fought?"

"Ya. Don't worry, I didn't tell her anything."

"That's the problem, you need to find her and tell her before Grant does, or you won't have a future with my daughter." Alpha says.

I start to run, then I stopped. "Why are you helping me?" I ask. He used to want me as far as I can get from her, now he wants me to be right by her side.

"I have my reasons."

Cassandra

I'm walking down the main hall when I see Calvin running in my direction. I start to wave to him when I felt something grab my hand.

"Hey, Grant." I greet him.

"Hey, Cass-"

"Cass, babe, we need to talk." I turn from Grant and see Calvin standing in front of them.

"Ya, see you later Grant." I link arms with Calvin and I heard Grant growl.

"So do you want to know why Grant and I were fighting?" He asks.

"Was it me? Because you two have fought over me before." I look up at him, and he smiled half like. "It was over me wasn't it!" I yell, I slap his arm. "Why!?"

"Because Grant wanted to marry you when you woke up."

I stop and look at him. "He wanted to what!?"

"Why you were sleep or unconscious, he asked your father for his right hand in marriage, to you."

"He did what!?" I felt my eyes burn a dangerous red.

"Your eyes." Calvin said surprised.

"I know they're red." I roll my eyes.

He looked so shocked and confused. "No... they're purple."

============================

Hold on Cassandras eyes change color? That's odd.

Here's your good question, who was the list of people Cassandra named to Reynold and Debra?