11. "...that's not how I wish to die."

Original Published Date: 7 October 2015

-edited-

Cassandra

I've been working on my plan since yesterday, and it was going nowhere. Jonathon insisted I was to go to sleep, but I told him to shut up and go to sleep... now he's sleep.

I finally finished, a plan that'll stop everything.

I climbed slowly on my bed, sure not to wake Jonathon. I hover above him, on my hands and knees and slowly lay on top of him. When my arms were bent at a ninety degree angel I let them just collapse as I fall on Jonathon. He's adorable when he's sleeping, but once our bodies came in contact he woke breathing heavily. He saw me and relaxed along with his heart rate. I closed my eyes and fell into a deep slumber.

"Cass, can you help me with the fire?"

"Of course." I walk over to Lydia and help place her... stick?

"That's why Lyd. You're using a twig, it has to be a stick, see watch." I got up and jogged to the plum tree that was only a quarter mile away from us. I climbed the tree to get a good size stick. I jump down ran back over to Lydia. Why I walked back, I see Calvin helping Nadia with her fire. "Here's a perfect stick, but it has to do with fric-" Lydia cut me off by tapping on my arm and pointed to Nadia and Calvin making out over their brilliant fire.

"She can't leave him alone. They've been dating a week and they're already kissing."

"Don't worry, it's just Calvin. He does that often."

"You've kissed him?" Lydia asked.

"No, Lydia. I'm with Tucker, sadly he and my best friend Debra has the flu and couldn't come, and Menus wanted to stay and make sure Debra was okay." I frown at the thought of them not being here.

"You like, Balfer?" She looks over her shoulder at Balfer and Grant eating marshmallows with their fire.

"No, we're just friends." Grant and Balfer saw us and waved their half eaten marshmallow on the stick at us. Grant winked at Lyd. "But I think Grant likes you." I smile.

"You think so? How come all the cute guys are your friends." She placed the stick in between her hands as she twisted it. Soon there was sparks.

"I don't know. Balfers Delta's son. Calvin wants to be the best enforcer in the world. Grant is Balfers cousin, I guess just 'cause." I shrug. "Fire!" I yell, we high fived and started laughing.

"I think it's because you're really pretty. You only have like one girl that's your friend and the rest are boys."

"I have two girls that are my friends."

"Who's the other?"

I get up and dust my pants, "You are, silly. Now let's go get the marshmallows."

Lydia and I only started halfway burning the marshmallow, when Balfer and Grant asked to join us.

"Let's play a game." Grant announce.

"What game?" I ask.

"Would you rather." Balfer intruded.

"Can we join?" I looked up and saw Calvin, hand in hand with Nadia.

"Of course." Calvin smiled happily and sat by my side, and Nadia didn't like that.

"Me first!" Lydia said.

"Do me." Grant offered.

"Okay... would you rather turn into a pup again or be a rogue?" She asked.

"That's rude, actually. But I'd be a pup, instead of me righting my wrongs, I'll do them over again." He pointed his stick in the air as the circle burst with laughter.

"My turn. Cassandra would you rather... die by someone slicing your neck, or in a fire?" Grant ask.

"Someone to slice my neck! That way it'll be quick and easy."

"Why not fire?"

"That's a slow and painful death, and that's not how I wish to die. I wish someone would try and burn me alive, there'll be hell to pay."

"Should we wake them, they look so cute." A voice echoed from the dark sky. It sounded like Debra.

"No, let them sleep. What's that?" It sounded like Grant.

"A paper, you're a idiot." I hear footsteps echo from the sky.

Something doesn't feel right. I twist and turn and Jonathon growled. I growl back, but it turns into a pur when his hand graze her arm.

"Deb, look at this." This time the voice was clear, and I knew it was Grant.

My eyes shot open and I move slightly. I turn my head slightly, and I feel my eyes burn red at the sight of Calvin.

"Oh, shit." Balfer whispers.

I felt my canines grow from the gums of my mouth and my nails grow long. In only a second I was seething over Calvin, as he laid kind of frightened on the floor.

I felt a arm wrap around my stomach pulled me back. "Go, Calvin." Jonathon growled.

"It was his fault and your fault." I growl as my eyes land on Grant.

"My fault, for what?" Calvin asks.

"We were building fires, and we had marshmallows. You decided we play a game, Balfer decided we play would you rather." His expression changed as if he remembered. "You asked me would I rather die by someone slicing my neck, or burn in a fire." The heat and pain in my eyes causes my head to throb, but I know they're blood shot. "I said a sliced neck, then you asked me why-"

Grant cut me off. "And you said 'That's a slow and painful death, and that's not how I wish to die'."