2. Healing

(Media picture of Calvin)

Original Published Date: 5 October 2015

-edited-

Cassandra

I layed in my bed as my pillow spotted with tears. I should've left him, I always back away so I wouldn't be the one to be crushed. The one time I don't; I get crushed, hard.

There was a knock on the door. "Don't!" I yelled.

"It's Calvin." His voice says sounding deeper through the thick wood.

"I don't care."

"Please?"

I pull my hair back, and throw my pillow at my bed. I open the door and Calvin stood there with a half smile. I gesture for him to come in and he takes a place on my bed.

"I'm sorry." He tells me.

"What did you do?" I ask.

"Tel-"

"Nothing. Nothing, would be the answer."

"Well... nothing I guess. Why so mad?" I give him the evil eye and he returns it with a smirk.

"Last week I was going to break up with him, but he refused to let me. Turns out I'm too damn soft. 'Cause now I'm broken hearted."

"But why?"

"Because I actually like, well liked, Tucker."

"Left or right?" Uh-oh, he's doing a game we made up to help each other when we were younger. I always forget about it until he bring it up, it's the dumbest game ever.

"Right."

"Car or bus?"

"Car."

"Train or plane?"

"Plane."

"Why?" He asked me.

"Because trains blow up and take longer."

"Planes blow up. They can take longer depending on where you're going."

"I know."

"So why plane?" He asks.

"I don't know."

"Exactly, you don't. So why are you mad?" He questioned. "You and Tucker had broken up like six times before, why is this time so different?"

"Because we won't get back together." I look back up at him, and I see pity. "Stop."

"Stop what? Helping? Because I won't stop helping, in fact I haven't used my finger muscles lately." He smiled at me and I noticed him clenching and unclenching his fist.

Next thing I know is that I'm laughing uncontrollable, and Calvin's fingers dig into my sides. I beg him to stop as he hovered above me. He rolled over onto his back. I reluctantly got up headed towards my closet to get a video game.

"Why do you play games by yourself. Why do isolate yourself?"

"Why do you ask so many questions?" I ask him.

"Just answer."

"You guys are my friends but I'm never really paired mainly the odd ma-woman, out."

"How?"

"Debra and Menus. Balfer and Grant never stop playing games. Tucker and I never really hung out whether we were in bed or bored at school, sometimes. Then you're most likely trying to get a number from somebody, somewhere." I point out.

"Well I have one comment... I haven't been in bed with you in about three months." He smirks.

"Well. That shouldn't have happened." Although I did like it.

"That's not what you said the day after." I throw a game case at him.

"Hush. Do you want to play or not?" I ask.

"Which play?"

"Haha. The video game, you idiot."

"Are you sure something else isn't on your mind?" Calvin asks.

"Yes actually... I'm hungry." I stand up from the foot of my bed and he grabbed my hand. He gripped my hand pulled me to him. "Calvin." I say questioning.

He put his soft lips on mine lightly and I reacted by kissing him back. I feel him smile and lay back as he hugs me to him. I put my arms on his shoulder and ran my fingers through his thick dark hair. We rolled to where I was under him. Once he nipped my bottom lip I realized what I was doing. I rolled from under him. "Sorry, Cav, but now's not a good time." I get up and leave him dumbfounded on my bed.

Why the hell did I do that? I ask myself.

You were desperate for comfort. He was comforting you, why let him go? My wolf questioned me.

It just didn't feel right.

I stopped at Debras door and when I heard nothing I knocked. She opened the door quickly and yanked me inside.

"Three weeks." She says.

"Hmm?"

"In three weeks the Clear Water pack and their alpha, Vincent, is bringing his son with a couple of other pack members."

"So?"

"He's our age. Alpha son and Alpha daughter. Alphas are usually paired with top ranks or the lowest rank, but this could be your chance."

"Debby, just because a guy that's going to be a Alpha too doesn't automatically means that he's going be my mate. Plus I don't even know what the guy looks like or anything out him!"

"So, you barely knew Tucker, but you got in the bed with him too." I rolled my eyes at my hopeful friend.

"Usually a she-wolf finds her mate at the age of seventeen and I'm nineteen, Debby," because we are werewolves we start school later than humans do, "my night and shinning armor is NEVER coming to me." I look her dead in the eye. "Mates are your other half, and they're only given to people who deserves them... I'm not one of those people."

"Okay, you my hopeless friend we're going to party tonight... you are going to get drunk and have fun, because being mad at me won't help anything. Come on you look pale." I never understood why Debby was always full of hope and trying to help, even if she knew she was helpless.

We went down stairs and I happily ignored Tucker and his mate on the couch, what bothered me was he didn't even know my presents was known, in the kitchen atleast.

"Cake or ice cream?"Debby asks.

"Ice cream... cookies n' cream." She made my bowl quick and as quiet as she could.

But she lost track of mind when the heavy spoon came into contact with the silver medal.

Debby and I were half way out the kitchen when my name was called. Debra turned around first. "Hey Tuck." Debby says quietly, but I say nothing and continue walking.

I continue to walk even as I hear the girl ask about me, but what hurt was his answer. 'Just a long story'.

I open the door to my room and Grant and Balfer transferred in here, as Calvin slept on my piggy pillow pet, and Menus was watching and eating gummy worms. I know it sounds kiddy but those things are really soft.

I set my bowl on the dresser and lightly shook Calvin. "Cav, wake up." I say softly. He swat my hand and groaned. "Wake up!" I yell, I slapped his ass and he was wide awake.

"Hey!" He yelled.

"What's all this?" I ask.

"Calvin came to talk to us. He told us everything." Balfer says. He paused the game and looked at me. "We are game freaks. But never in a million years will we leave you to feel alone... ever again."