Chapter 13 - Charlotte

Magsimula sa umpisa

               “Sorry, I’m just a curious person,” I remark sarcastically.

               We actually did end up skipping class. It turns out that you can do anything in this school without getting caught. We just walked around having as much fun as we could.

               I thought it was an amazing idea to race down the halls which concluded in me running face-first into a wall. I’m most definitely a clumsy one. It hurt though! And the only thing that Poppy did was laugh at me; I can’t blame her. It would have been hilarious if I were to see it. The only part of it that I saw was my face colliding with the wall which wasn’t a lovely sight.

               As I said, we were having an outstanding time. That is, until we just-so-happen to run into Aiden. He and Landon had pretty much “hit it off” in a London coffee shop. I know, it’s cheesy. Landon brought him home while I was having a sleepover at Poppy’s and as always, we became friends with him. He was adorable and funny and I would date him if he wasn’t 26 and dating my best friend’s brother. That and I have Ashton so I’m good!

               We stood in the hallway chatting for a bit before he brought up the fact that we were supposed to be in class.

               “We decided to ditch to create mystery,” she says,

“               Where are you supposed to be?”

               “Mr. Keiler’s fourth period; he teaches English.” 

               “I’ll walk you there; I have to ask him something anyways,”

               How does he know Ashton?

               We end up walking together and catching up. Landon and Aiden are still happily dating. Their four year anniversary is coming up in February; I don’t know how they aren’t married yet! It’s legal here in Minnesota so I don’t know why one of them won’t drop on one knee and propose already!

               We reach the classroom soon enough, which means that the rest of the conversation will be saved for later.

               “Stay out here until I tell you to come in, alright?” Aiden says, Poppy and I say ‘alright’ in unison and giggle afterwards. He rolls his eyes and walks into the classroom, closing the door afterwards.

               “Remember that wall?” Poppy brings up, tilting her head up towards the ceiling as if trying to think back far in the past.