xxv. the mediator and the first task

Начните с самого начала

Harry stared at her, confused as ever. "What?"

Gemmalynn turned to Hermione for help and Hermione sighed heavily and walked up to stand beside her.

"Please don't ask me say it again." Hermione complained.

Gemmalynn shook her head in disbelief of Harry and Ron's situation. "In short, Hagrid's looking for us." she told Harry.

"Well, you can tell Ronald---"

"We're not owls!" Hermione snapped angrily at Harry and walked away with Ginny.

Gemmalynn, Harry and Ron were left staring at each other.

"Ronald."

Ron looked at Gemmalynn. "We know each other since we were little. You're too smart for this. I'm not mad at you, Gem, just upset that you chose Harry over me." he said and walked away.

Gemmalynn sighed and turned to Harry. "Don't let his words get to you. You're both my friends, I'm not choosing anyone and I'm not choosing sides." she said as Harry nodded in understanding. "But, you need me, more than Ron does."

Harry felt his heart raced as he blushed and smiled affectionately at her.

⚡⚡⚡

Gemmalynn and Harry met up with Hagrid, who led them through the dark forest.

"Did you bring your father's cloak, Harry?"

Harry nodded. "Yeah, I brought the cloak, but Hagrid where are we going?" he asked, confused.

"Ron was roundabout telling us that you wanted to see us. Will you just tell us, Hagrid? Harry and I have to get ready for the first task of the tournament." Gemmalynn complained, impatiently.

"You'll see soon enough. Pay attention this is important." Hagrid told the two.

Gemmalynn and Harry glanced at each other and shrugged. Gemmalynn grabbed Harry's Invisibility Cloak from him and walked ahead as Harry looked carefully at Hagrid and noticed he was looking more dapper than usual and was carrying a big red flower in his chest pocket.

"What's with the flower? And, have you combed your hair?" Harry asked, confused.

"As a matter of fact I have." Hagrid said and looked knowingly down at Harry. "You might like to try the same thing now and again."

Harry blushed as Hagrid gestured his head towards Gemmalynn, who was no idea of their current conversation and was too engrossed hearing animal noises in the distance.

"Something might change between you two, if that's what you're planning."

"Hagrid?"

Gemmalynn looked around in confusion as Harry and Hagrid stood beside her. "Wait. Wasn't that Headmistress Madam Maxime's voice?" she asked.

Hagrid nodded and looked down at her. "Oh, the cloak. Both of you, put the cloak on." he said as Gemmalynn and Harry nodded.

Gemmalynn stood close to Harry and put the Invisibility Cloak over both of them as Madam Maxime approached Hagrid.

"Bonsoir, Olympe."

"Oh, Hagrid. I thought you weren't coming, I thought, perhaps, you had forgotten me."

"Couldn't forget you, Olympe."

Gemmalynn's eyes widen in shock and gasped softly at their intimate conversation. She and Harry looked at each other and grimaced in disgust.

"What is it you want to show me? When we spoke earlier you sounded so exhilarated."

"You'll be glad you came. Trust me."