Chapter 32

Cas' POV

I didn't mean to, but I fell asleep at Dean's. He fell asleep too. We woke up simultaneously when there were bangs on the door to Dean's room. Maneuvering around me, he got up, muttering, "Yeah, yeah. I'm coming."

I could see Bobby at the door. He spoke loud enough, so I could hear him. "Cas' brother is here to pick him up. He looks both pissed and worried, so you better get him outta here. I don't want him to get in trouble."

Walking back to where I sat, he mumbled, "Shit..."

I gave him a sad smile, and planted a kiss on his cheek. "It's not like we didn't know he was going to come here." I grabbed my sweater from off the back of his desk chair, and went to leave. As I vacated the area of his room, I felt him grab my hand, and pull me into a hug. "Call me if anything happens, and I can come pick you up," he whispered into my ear. I nodded, thanked him and left.

I winced, as I came into the view of my angry-looking brother. "Get in the car." Without looking at him, or saying anything, I got into the passenger seat of his truck, 

The first two minutes of driving were silent, but I got uncomfortable with the lack of sound. "Where are we going?" I asked nonchalantly.

"We're taking a drive." He replied, in the same manner in which I inquired. 

I wasn't sure how to expand on that failed attempt of a conversation, so I asked another question. "You used to be so supportive of Dean and I before. Why has your outlook on us changed now?" 

He sighed, and shook his head. "You don't get it, do you? He isn't good for you. The reason my outlook has changed is because I've realized that. The way things are going now, it seems you won't get it through your thick skull until he's hurt you. So, I've decided that you aren't allowed to see him anymore."

I let out a shallow chuckle. "Like hell I can't. I'm 17, you can't tell me what to do."

"I figured you'd say something like that. Either way, I'm your legal guardian, so I have the power to decide what you can and cannot do, and I've made my decision. You can't see Dean."

"Well what about Gabriel? He can see Sam?"

"Sam is a decent guy. They can see each other." What the actual crap? I honestly don't even know what to say about this. I sat there, speechless, for a few moments.

"You're a real dickhead, you know that? Not that I'm saying Sam isn't decent, 'cause Sam is great, but if you think Sam is more decent than Dean, then..." I had to stop, because I almost launched into a fit of giggles. "Then you must be the one with the thick skull." Seriously... Who does this guy think he is?

"I'm good an analyzing people, Castiel."

"Well, good luck with that theory, bud." I scoffed. "Where are we going, anyways?"

"Two Rivers Mental Health Facility."