Chapter 8

Dean's POV

My alarm sounded the next morning and I groaned. I did not  want to get out of bed today. Unfortunately, I had to. 

I got out of bed to shower and get dressed, which took me about 20 minutes. I could have been an ass and woken Sammy up like I did yesterday, but if I'm being honest, I wasn't in the mood, so I just went in and threw a pillow at him and said, "Get up. School in an hour." I waited at the door to make sure he woke up. Eventually, I watched him get out of bed and walk past me with a scowl on his face.

I walked downstairs, knowing I would see Bobby in the kitchen or the living room. I huffed, because I just wanted to forget about yesterday, but Bobby wouldn't let it slide. 

I walked into the kitchen, and surely, Bobby was there. I simply glared at him and walked to the coffee pot so I could pour myself a mug. I sighed in relief because he hadn't spoken yet. Maybe the odds were in my favour today. Of course, I jinxed myself, because moments after, he broke the silence.

"You know, you're not off the hook for yesterday," he said. 

I looked at him and replied with, "I'm aware." 

"I'm still pissed. I hope you thought of an explanation for last nights incident." 

I rolled my eyes. "Can we not do this? I'm not in the mood."

"Yes, we're doing this. You won't go to school until you explain."

I huffed again. "What's there to explain? I made a friends. Get over it. If I get hurt, who's problem will that be? Not yours! I'm going to be the one getting hurt. Hell, if it happens, I'll even let you say 'I told you so'. Sufficient?" 

"Dean, this attitude of yours is pissing me off. I don't know whats causing it but it better not show up again, because I won't tolerate it. Got it?" 

Bobby's words hurt. Not just this, but since yesterday. I know what I did wasn't rational, leaving without explanation, but still. He's never spoke to me like this. It struck me hard.

"Whatever." 

Luckily, Sam came down before this conversation could escalate. 

"Alright Sam, lets go," I said. I just wanted to leave.

"Isn't it too early? School doesn't start for another 30 minutes..."

Can I not do something with the intentions of simply wanting to?! "Okay, well, I'm leaving and unless you'd rather take the bus or walk, which I don't advise, I suggest you get in the car. Hey, it's all the same to me." 

Sam took a subtle step backwards. I didn't mean for what I said to come across the way it did, but its too late to take it back.

He grabbed his bag, muttered a "Bye, Bobby," and left to get in the car.

"You're angry with me, I get it, but don't take that out on your brother. He has no part in this."

Mentally, there were middle fingers towards Bobby, but physically, I just waved.

Sam was already sitting in the passenger seat, his facial expression screaming miserable. I felt bad, but I got into the driver seat silently. We drove, and no one spoke. 

The silence was awkward, and I felt the need to apologize, so I killed two birds with one stone. "Sam, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say what I did. I'm angry at myself, and at Bobby, and you were just caught in the middle."

I looked at him, and his face lightened up a little bit. Not all the way, but enough to give me hope.

"I know. It's okay. Can I ask a question though?" 

I looked at him cautiously and said, "Okay," dragging out the 'a'.

"I'm only asking because you're my brother and I care about you. What do you know about Castiel? Because I've heard a lot of people saying super crazy stuff about him, and I just don't want you to get hurt."

I continued driving, and I thought about what I was going to say. "I doubt anything they say is true. I don't know much about him. I don't even know if I'm going to learn anything else. Based off of what I do know, he's different. Good different. There's more to him than black eyeliner, ripped jeans, tattoos and piercings, I can promise you that much."

Sam nodded, and was quiet for a minute. "Just be careful. Promise me you'll be careful with who you invest your secrets with. I know how it affected you last year. I can always see through your tough-guy act. I don't want you going into that dark place again. I almost lost you, and I'm not letting that happen again."

I smiled at him. "I love you, Sammy," I reached over and ruffled his hair. "I wouldn't trade you for anything." 

We reached the school about two minutes later. "Meet here at 3. Don't be late!"

He nodded and left to go meet his friends. 

I got out of the car, and put my headphones in. Hopefully, today would pass in a blur, but with my luck, it didn't. 

(A/N Haaaay, mutants? How ya doin'? Lemme know in the comments. Also, let me know what you'd like to see in this story, cause sometimes I get huge cases of writers block and I don't know what to add. :P I'm also thinking about having like scheduled times in which I publish the chapters. Monday and Friday? Probably. I'll start after I publish this part. ily, my mutants <3 )