Chapter 30

Cas' POV

Its been about a week since I've asked Dean to the dance. I was ecstatic he said yes. Although I kind of did lie when I said I've never been to a dance. In the eighth grade I went to out with this girl named Julia. It wasn't all that fun, but I'm assuming dances will be different now that we're in Junior year. The dance is in 3 weeks and its going to be hell waiting for it.

I know, I know. Cassie the big bad ass is excited for a formal dance coming up. Shut up, alright? I chuckled to myself as I thought. I was a big softie on the inside. Even though he probably already knows, I wouldn't tell Dean. 

I sighed. He was always on my mind. Like, it was frustrating. I can never get his smile out of my mind. My stomach fills with butterflies just thinking about it. 

"Hey, Castiel. I need help with something." I was awoken from my trance by Michael calling to me.

I groaned. I didn't want to get out of bed, but I had to. I threw my door open exasperatedly, shouting, "What?" as I ran down the stairs. 

As I emerged into the living room, I was unable to see Michael, so I walked around. I found him sitting in the dining room, with a mug of hot coffee between his hands. I raised an eyebrow at him. Was I going to get a lecture? He doesn't normally do this unless I'm going to get yelled at. 

"Sit down with me," he said, gesturing to the seat in front of him. I sat down slowly, sighing while doing so. "I wanted to talk to you about something..." He said awkwardly. Mentally, I chuckled. He was never all that good at this.

"Okay," I said. "So, what's this about?"

"It's about Dean."

My eyes widened, and I stood up immediately. "What?! D-did something happen to him? Is he okay?" 

"Cas, calm down. As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing wrong with him." As he finished, I let out a relieved sigh, and sat back down.

"Okay," I said. "What about Dean?" 

"Okay, I know you're not going to take this well, so I'm just going to say it." He sighed, and closed his eyes. "I don't think you should go out with him anymore." I was going to say something, but he cut me off. "I just don't think he's good for you."

I felt anger bubbling inside of me. "Who the hell are you to say whether someone's good for me or not?!" I stared at him. "You're hardly around enough to realize what my likes and dislikes are."

He stared back at me. "Don't turn this conversation around on me. This is about you and Dea-"

"No!" I shouted. "This is about you and your problem with him. I don't know what the hell it is, but you better get over it, because I am not going to break up with him because of an issue you have." I stood up to leave, but he called after me.

"Castiel Novak, you sit your ass down right now! I am not done speaking."

"I couldn't care less about what you have to say right now. There is absolutely nothing wrong with him. Dean is perfect. He is everything I've been looking for." 

"Cas, you're 17 years old. There are 7 billion more people on this world. Maybe he isn't the one. You're going to end up getting hurt." He began to raise his voice at me. "You need to get this through your thick skull!"

He'd almost never raised his voice at me. I shook my head, and through clenched teeth, I seethed, "Maybe he isn't the one... Maybe I will get hurt." I felt tears threatening to fall, but I blinked them away. "But for the sliver that he is the one, I'll take the chance of getting hurt." Before he could say anything else, I turned and ran out the door.

(A/N Hey, guys. Sorry for not updating for a while. I know how I'm ending the story, and there may be a sequel. The way I'm ending this would make sense if I made a sequel, but it would also make sense if I didn't. Anyways, towards the end of the story, I'll ask you guys if you want another book. To make up for missed updates, I'll probably add a few new chapters. Also, my birthday is on the 14th :DDD, so if I don't update Monday, its because I'll be out doing things muahaha. Alright. Loveeee youuuuuu bai.)