Chapter 6

Dean's POV

Okay, so I'm in Cas' house. I'm assuming we're going to his room, but I ask anyways.

"Uhm... yeah. Unless that's a problem, in that case we can hang out in the living room, my stupid ass brothers will just be obnoxious." His voice sounded in front of me, though he stopped on the stairs.

"No, not a problem. Just promise you won't murder me?" Although it may have sounded sarcastic, I was being dead serious. Cas seemed to think it was a joke, because I could hear his smile when he said, "I promise I won't kill you. Not yet anyways."

We continued upon the stairs, and when we got to the top, there was a long hallway. Fortunately, his room was the first to the left. Before he opened the door, he said, "Just don't judge me for what I've got in my room, because I guarantee it won't be what you expect it to be."

What did I expect it to be? I gave him a once over and then tried to picture what I thought his room would be like. Based on what I know, I think it'll be gray walls with posters upon posters of his favourite bands, black blankets and pillows. However, as he opens the door, I realize my assumptions weren't too far off. There were white walls, instead of grey. Covering the walls were tons of posters. Not only bands, but TV shows as well. Sherlock, Doctor Who, American Horror Story. He had anime posters like Black Butler, Death Note, Attack on Titans. Damn.

A smile spread on my face. Cas must have seen because he asked why I was smiling.

"If I'm being honest, I didn't expect to see all this," I said gesturing to the posters. "Its cool. I love all of these shows! I just didn't know you liked them."

He shrugged and plopped down on his bed. "TV is pretty much my life. Well, TV and music. I enjoy wasting hours and hours of the day laying there and watching TV. Music... I don't even know where to begin talking about music. I guess, to put it simply, I genuinely don't know where I would be without it. If that makes sense..."

"Believe me, I totally understand. It reminds me that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, even if it'll take a while to get there."

He nodded. We stayed quiet for a minute, but then he broke the silence. "So what were you meaning to ask about earlier?"

I was confused at first, but then I remembered. "The basics about you. Your birthday, your favourite colour, favourite band, favourite book, TV show... stuff like that."

"Jeez, Blondie. You ask a lot of questions," he said. I all of sudden got very self-conscious. It must have been evident because Cas added, "I'm just kidding."

"My birthday is the 17th of April. My favourite colours are black and purple. My favourite band is AC/DC. My favourite books are the Lord if the Rings, specifically the second one. My favourite TV show is Sherlock. I have 7 siblings, but my parents are dead. Three of them, Zechariah, Uriel and Anna live in Cali still. I live here with my brothers Gabriel, Balthazar, Michael and Lucifer. Those are the basics... How about you?"

"I was born on January 24th. I don't really have a favourite colour, pretty much anything plaid. This is a difficult choice, but I'm going to say my favourite band is Black Sabbath. My favourite book is the Hobbit, and I've probably read it six times. My favourite show is also Sherlock. I have a brother, Sam, and we live with my uncle Bobby, my aunt Ellen, and Ellen's daughter Jo. I am gay, and since sophomore year, I've gotten made fun of for it, all because I trusted the wrong person."

"Who was it?" He asked.

"Meg Masters. The worst part was, she made me believe she cared about me, when it was a scheme the whole time."

"I know how it feels. I had 'friends' like that too. Fortunately, I never trusted anyone, aside from Gabriel with my secrets. You're the only person I've even come close to opening up with in a long time."

I smiled. It felt good, knowing that. "Well, I'd love to have the privilege of getting to know you more."

"I'd like that too." Even if I wasn't looking at him, I could hear the smile in his voice. I'd never admit to anyone other than myself, but his smile made my heart melt. After I thought that, I gave myself a mental slap. I can't go crushing on a straight boy. That isn't good. 

For the rest of the evening, we shared stories about weird, awkward funny experiences, and listened to classic rock. 

I looked down at my watch and it was 10 o'clock.

"Shit! I've got to get going! I'm already in deep crap for leaving."

Cas frowned, but got up and opened the door, and began to walk out the door with me following him.

"Thanks for having me over," I smiled sadly at him. "I had fun."

"Yeah, I did too. Hopefully we can do it again sometime...?"

I nodded. "For sure."

I walked out of the house and down the pathway, when Cas called out for me. He walked down the pavement to where I was standing.

"Dean, I'm not good at being friends with people..."

"Neither am I. Maybe we can learn together?"

Cas smiled at me, leaned forward and kissed my cheek. Holy crap. He kissed my cheek. What the hell?! Physically, I smiled at him, but mentally, I was grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

"Goodnight, Dean."

"Goodnight, Cas."

And with that, I walked back to my car and drove home, a grin plastered on my face the whole time.