Chapter 22

Dean's POV

"Dean?"

"Hmm?" I replied. I look over at Cas, to see what he wanted. As I watched him, he sat up and put a hand behind my neck. It felt as though my heart skipped enough beats to consider me dead. He was going to kiss me. Oh, my God he was going to kiss me, I thought. He leaned forward slightly, as if asking if it was okay. I didn't say anything, nor did I nod. I didn't want to ruin it. I didn't move away either, so he must have understood that I wanted him to kiss me. He leaned more and I could feel his breath on my lips.

At that moment, my breathing became uneven. Unable to wait any longer, I put my hand on his back and immediately he pressed his lips against mine. That was a feeling I know I will never forget. I kissed back. The kiss itself wasn't powerful - on the contrary, it was sweet- but the meaning behind it was.

I pulled away and rested my forehead against his. I sighed, so he asked, "What's wrong?"

I leaned backwards and smiled at him, "Nothing. Nothing at all. Its just, I've wanted to do that for a while."

In reply, he smiled at me and nodded, whispering, "Me too."

~~~~~~

The next few days were good. Cas was let out of the hospital. His older brother had the choice to send him to a mental institution to get further more help, but they didn't feel the need to do so. He had to attend therapy every few days though. He had asked me to go to therapy with him today and of course, I complied. We were driving there right now.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked, glancing at him.

He nodded, continuing to stare out the window. "I have a feeling I'm going to remember today..." He said.

I was confused. "Isn't that a good thing?"

He shrugged. "Depending on who's perspective you look at it. For everyone else, its great. They'll know what happens so they can finally get me specific help. I'm not necessarily looking forward to it. Somethings are just better being left in the dark, and to me, this is one of things. Obviously, it was, call it heartbreaking, to me enough to get me to do that, so I don't really want to remember it." 

I didn't respond, though I could understand why he felt that way. I, for one, would love to know why he jumped. Well, as I recall, alcohol had something to do with it, because I could hear it in his voice, and the hospital had established he was highly intoxicated with vodka. So what propelled him to drink? I knew he was rebellious and reckless, but I didn't know it was to that extent. 

The rest of the drive was in silence, but it only took about five minutes to drive to the psychiatrist office. 

After we got out of my car, we began our walk to the doors. It was a very short distance, but it felt like forever. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it for reassurance. "It's okay," I told him.  

We stood in front of the receptionist's desk, and since Cas didn't speak up, I did. "Appointment for Castiel Novak." The woman nodded, and looked at her computer. 

"Mrs. Hooley will be with you in a few minutes," She said. I thanked her, and walked with Cas to the chairs. Well, I suppose 'walked' isn't a sufficient verb. More like 'dragged'. It was evident that he didn't want to be here. Honestly, I didn't blame him. If the positions were switched, he would do the same for me. 

He put his head on my shoulder and whimpered. "Do we really need to be here?" 

"Yes, Cas, and you know it. I know it sucks, I understand, but it's for your own good. It'll be better if you know. I know it doesn't seem like the best option, but it is. If it weren't necessary, I wouldn't make you do it."