Chapter 21

Cas' POV

"Dean!" I exclaimed, with a grin so big I swear I stretched my lip piercing the slightest bit. Dean responded by running towards me, and throwing his arms around my body. I felt tears fall on my shoulder, and slide down my back.

"Don't you ever do that to me again," he said, pulling away.

I, too, had tears stinging my eyes, threatening to spill. I tried so hard to keep them back, but it didn't work. They rolled down my cheek, and I hated it. I pulled away from Dean, and wiped at my eyes, huffing. I hated crying. It made me feel weak.

"Before you get angry, just know that I have no idea why I did this."

Dean gave me a confused look, so I continued. "I can only remember two days before the... incident. Apparently when I jumped, I suffered from very minor brain damage. Amnesia." Dean nodded, understanding.

He sat on the edge of the hospital bed, fidgeting awkwardly. I chuckled. It mustn't have been as quiet as I thought because Dean heard and asked what I was laughing about.

"Nothing. You just look kinda cute when you don't know what to do in a situation," I smirked, looking at him.

He scoffed at me. "I do not."

I laughed at his attempts to shut me down. "You do too. Your leg is bouncing, and you don't even know you're doing it. You're tapping you fingers on you thigh. Your eyes are looking around the room in hopes that you can find something to talk about. Awkward and nervous look cute on you."

Though I could tell he was amused, he rolled his eyes. "I'm not cute. I'm manly."

"Whatever floats your boat, Cutie!" I winked at him, but he looked at me with a serious expression, so I got confused.

"How can you be so optimistic in a situation like this? Its not a bad thing. In fact, its a very good thing, and I respect that you can do that, I just don't understand how."

My smile disappeared. "I'm not really how I portray myself to be. I'm like an onion. When you first look at an onion, there's nothing wrong with it. Its normal, but after you peel the first layer off, it begins to get vile, and it only gets worse. The deeper you go, the stronger the sense of sadness is. If that doesn't make any sense, its because a lot of the time, I feel like I'm dying inside, but I don't want people to know."

Dean nodded, with his head hung low. "Believe me, I know how that feels."  I grabbed his hand, and held it. He didn't pull away. Instead, he gripped onto mine as well. He held on so tight, that it was like if he loosened his grip anymore, he would fall down a deep dark pit and never be able to make out.

"Before I met you," He began. "I was done. I was done with getting bullied for my sexuality, for liking different things, for being what society would call 'abnormal'. Then you came along." A tear rolled down his cheek, and with a smile, he wiped it away. "You came along and the simple sight of you made me happier. Hearing your voice made my heart skip a beat. Eventually, people started to leave me alone. I don't know what you did, and frankly, I don't care. I'm just really happy I met you." He laughed awkwardly. "I'm sorry. That sounds really freaking cheesy."

"Dean?" I said.

"Hmm?" He looked over at me. I sat up, and put my hand behind his neck, bringing him closer to me. My lips practically hovered over his. I was afraid. Afraid of what? I asked myself. Afraid of rejection. However, Dean did nothing to resist my attempts in kissing him. So, I leaned forward and our lips collided.

(A/N AAAAAH it finally happened. After 20 chapters. I'm sorry it took so long to lead up to this. Also, I'd like to apologize for the past, and for the future because I probably wont be able to follow my initial updating schedule. I have basketball games on Monday and Wednesday, and I have rehearsals for my school play after school on Tuesdays. Other days, I'm too exhausted to do anything, however I will do my best to update whenever I can. So hue-hue thanks for reading. Bai bai⌒.⌒ <3)