Chapter 29

Dean's POV

Today was May 16th. Its been 2 months since Cas and I started going out, and I can definitely say those have been the happiest 2 months of my life. I wouldn't trade them for anything. We haven't gone farther than a few heated make-out sessions, and for the next little while, I'd like to keep it that way. He'd stayed over at my house most of the time, but occasionally, I went over to his. We told Bobby and Ellen, and they were both fine with it. Kind of happy. Maybe its because they knew I was happy. I sure as hell was happy.

I was waiting for Sam to finish getting ready so we could leave to pick up Cas and Gabe. I smirked to myself as I thought. Sam and Gabe came out as boyfriends a while ago. They were just so damn cute together, but I think they've gone a little farther than making out... Not all the way, but...

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of my brother running down the stairs. "Sorry it took so long. Jo kept tackling me because she wanted to fill my eyebrows in." He huffed, and added, "Girls."

I laughed. "I know, man. They're confusing. Alright. Lets go."

I wasn't necessarily in a music mood, so I didn't put any on. "So, what are your plans for today?" I asked Sam.

"Well, there's going to be an assembly today at school for information about a formal dance that's happening at the beginning of June , and I'm helping organizing it. I get to help present at the assembly."

I nodded. "Seems legit. Forced to join, or was it voluntarily?"

It was Sam's turn to laugh. "Forced. Gabe was on the committee and told me I had to, and he wouldn't stop pestering me about it. Its actually quite fun. I didn't think it would be, but it is."

I nodded again. I didn't know how to reply so I stayed quiet. Sam didn't seem to mind, seeing as he didn't prompt any conversations. We arrived at the Novak's residence shortly. I parked right in front of their house and honked the horn. Immediately they came out.

"Alright, Sammy. Back seat for you and your booooyfriend!!" I teased.

"What?! Again?! Why can't Gabe or I drive and you two sit in the back for once? Huh? How 'bout that?"

 "Ha. Haha. HAHAHAHAHA. No. You're freshmen. I would NEVEER trust my Baby with you. At least now."

Sam got out of the passenger seat and hopped in the back, being followed by Gabe. Cas took the place of Sam. "Hear that, Cassie?" Gabe imputed. "You're competing with a car."

I looked over at Cas to see him gasp and grab at his heart in mock defense. "Competing against a car?! I'll never win."

I chuckled and rolled my eyes. "Alright asshats, quiet yourselves so I can concentrate on driving. Don't want any of us turning up dead, do we?" I started the car again and drove towards the school. The parking lot was full, as always, so I parked on the street. I hated doing this. Baby didn't belong on the street. Since we were almost late already, I'd need to settle for street-parking.

We jumped out of the car and jogged towards the school. If we didn't get in soon, we'd miss part of the assembly.

~~~~~

"Welcome students of Scurmount High. As you may or may not have been informed, this assembly is focusing on the formal we're having at the beginning of next month. Here is Sam Winchester to elaborate on what I have just said."

I gave a round of applause for Sam, as did Cas, who was sitting beside me.

"Hello students." There was an audible gulp into the microphone. I could tell he was nervous. Awh poor baby brother.

"On June 10th, there is going to be a formal dance, and any students, freshmen to seniors are allowed to come. Ladies are expected to wear dresses, and men are expected to wear tuxedos. The tickets cost $5. The dance will be after school from 8-12. Someone will be around to each classroom to take suggestions of which music to play. There will be no coats allowed in the auditorium at the time, and you will be checked for possession of weapons or narcotics. If either object/substances are found, you will be suspended from school and thrown out of the dance. We hope you're all able to attend the dance."

Quickly, he handed the microphone to the principal and walked off the stage. I felt Cas grab my arm lightly and leave over.  "You should go as my date."

I smirked and replied with, "Is this a request or a demand?"

Cas blushed and averted his eyes from mine. "I just assumed you've never been to one, since you don't look the type to go to dances. I've never been to one, and I... I don't know." He laughed slightly awkwardly. "Maybes its cheesy, but I thought we could go together."

I kissed his cheek. "Alright. I'll be your date."

A/N Sorry guys. This chapter probably sucks. Its just a filler. The dance is really important to the ending of the story. <3 Alright. Enjoy the rest you lovely readers.