Chapter 14-The Best Friend

Start from the beginning

I sat up and crossed my legs. "I thought it'll be easier because no one would know and if things didn't work out, I wouldn't have to tell anyone and such. And I'll be able to pretend nothing had happened. Also, what if Raphael and I broke up? You would be forced to choose between him and I."

Lexi crossed her arms over her chest. "I get your reasoning. I do. But haven't I already been hinting to you that I thought it was okay if you and Raphael got together. And I highly doubt that you guys would not end up together. My brother is crazy over you."

I cracked a grin at that. "He better be."

Lexi snorted and gagged. "Please remember he's my brother, I so do not want to hear any kissing scenes or anything worse than that from you."

I burst into laughter at that and teased, enjoying the grossed out look on her face. "He kisses so good like his lips are amazing-"

"Alright, I'm out of here!" Lexi squealed as she hurriedly grabbed her bag and left leaving me laughing on the bed.

Once I sobered up, I grabbed my bag and the necessary files for lectures and went to attend one. Classes went by in a breeze and I exited the lecture hall from my last class and spotted Raphael waiting outside for me.

Immediately, my heart raced and I had to walk towards him with a leisurely pace so he wouldn't get to know how much he affected me when all I wanted was to run towards him and wrap my arms around him with our lips meeting together.

Unfortunately, whatever good mood had filled mw when Raphael had appeared disappeared when a pretty brunette walked up to him with a flirty smile on her face and slipped her his number.

I pressed back the scowl that was sure to appear on my face if I was not in public. I didn't like the wave of jealousy that rode through me at that moment but I squashed it down. I just slowed down and watched with increasing satisfaction as Raphael politely declined her before shooting me lust-filled gaze.

The brunette beside him turned to see what my delicious hunk of a boyfriend was looking at. When she spotted me, she huffed before walking off.

"Katerina." He greeted and I gave him a smile. "Not going to say goodbye to your admirer?" I raised an eyebrow.

Raphael shot me a flat look and started. "You know I'm not interested in her. Only you."

I hummed and nodded, "Alright. I know that." I gave him a saccharinely sweet smile before patting his cheek, inwardly relieved that he wasn't harmed in any way by my father.

I knew that it was extreme to expect that, but hey! My father was often unexpected and I've yet to predict his movements and actions. Only my mom was capable of that.

I guessed Raphael took my smile as an invitation to kiss me. He lowered his face and his lips almost brushed against mine if I had not moved away at the last possible second.