6. Making a Deal With the Devil

Once I had confirmation that the mayor did indeed have ties with these assassin's, I approached him. "Hello, Mr. Mayor. May we talk for a few moments?"

He eyed me up and down with a smirk. "Yes, please, come on in."

I should've known he was a complete scumbag. "Why, thank you." I winked as I strolled into his office.

He gently shut the door as he stared at me with lust filled eyes. "What can I do for you, Ms...?"

"Hazon, Mazera Hazon." I smirked.

That horrendous seductive gaze he had disappeared. "I should have you arrested."

"Oh, but you see. I know about your ties with the Assassin's Creed." I smiled.

He shrugged. "So? Many people know."

I sighed. "My organization, as well as theirs, are partners. We've been working closely together for almost two years now, and they're not too pleased with what you've been doing."

While I was digging into this new information. I discovered our beloved mayor was using this partnership he had with the Creed to scare people into staying quiet, as well as bed women who didn't necessarily want to sleep with him. He was abusing this power, and I needed to get my game face on if I was to convince this dirt bag that I held all the cards and that he was not to mess with me, nor my organization.

He scoffed. "You don't have ties with the Creed, Mazera. You're lying."

Truth be told. Tommy was actually meeting up with a member of the Assassin's Creed. A guy by the name of Liam. He was to decide whether we were worthy of being partners with them. Something about honour. Now, you're probably confused at the moment. Thinking, but why would she partner up with the organization that may have killed her family? And since when did she decide this? Well, to answer your question. When I had first discovered this about the mayor, I went straight to Tommy.

"Tommy, I need to tell you something..." I felt confused and a bit angry that there may be more to this than I realized.

"What's wrong?" He dropped the hammer he had in hand and sped over to me, cupping my face with his hands.

"I think my families murder just got a whole lot more complex than I anticipated." I explained.

"What do you mean?" Tommy seemed concerned and just as confused as I was.

"Well... I found out that the mayor has ties to the Creed... the Assassin's Creed." I exhaled and pulled away from his grasp.

"Okay, how would the mayor have anything to do with who killed your family?" Tommy crossed his arms and leaned up against the table.

"My theory is that he gave Jeffery the Night Stalker's contact info and that's how it all started." I stared at him.

Tommy ran his fingers through his hair. "Yeah, I see your concern. It makes a lot of sense. But how are we going to figure this out?"

I thought about if for a moment before the worst/ best idea came to mind. "We should make a partnership with them. Find out how to meet up with one of the assassin's and see if you can convince them to partner up with us."

Tommy's eyes widened. "Are you insane?"

"Perhaps..." I muttered.

He simply shook his head. "No, there has to be another way."

"And what way is that, Tommy? I see no other way. We have no idea where the Creed is located, we have no idea who is apart of it, how many members they have. But least of all, who is in charge of that place. We'd be flying in blind. So, that way, if we make an agreement with them. We would have protection, and perhaps we could butter them up and figure out who the Night Stalker is!" I clenched my fists in balls as I felt anger surge through my body.