18. Breaking Down Barriers

They threw us into the cell, and of course. I landed face first into the nasty water. Shay nearly did one whereas Gist just landed on his back. I coughed up the liquid and gagged. Shay approached Gist and helped him up.

"Are you okay, old friend?" He asked while scanning his wound.

He winced but nodded. "Yes, just a mild wound. Nothing to worry about."

I slowly got up and shivered from the coolness of the bottom of the ship. "Let me check it out." I carefully examined the gaping hole in his leg before taring a piece of my clothing and wrapped it around before staring up at him. "This is going to hurt like a son-of-a-bitch."

Gist nodded. "Let's get this over and done with." He clenched his jaw.

I nodded and tightened the fabric. He cried out and nearly collapsed but Shay held on firmly to him so he wouldn't do just that. "You okay?"

Gist casted us a smile. "Of course I am, just stung a hair."

I rolled my eyes and searched the cell to sit on. I spotted a corpse and I began tugging it to a good spot within the cage. "What are you doing?" Shay stared at me.

"Making myself a seat." I responded while using every ounce of strength I had to move the corpse. "These... suckers... are... heavy." I panted.

"Dead weight usually is... and you do realize that the seat you are attempting to acquire is a dead man, right?" Shay added.

I nodded my head and gave it one last pull before I had it exactly where I wanted it, I plopped down and shifted, not even flinching to the sound of bones crunching under my weight. "There we go, and yes, Shay. I do know dead weight is awfully heavy, and yes, I do realize that this corpse was once a human being. But seeing that he is no longer with us at this time and all he is really doing to rotting in the corner of the cell. I thought I'd make his body useful and use it as a seat of some sort. Although... I think he has rats inside of him. I feel something moving, and it isn't him breathing."

Gist shuttered. "Then... maybe get off of him?"

I snickered. "Nah, it's a nice ass massage."

I could see Shay shiver as he helped keep Gist up, I stared at my injured comrade. "Gist, why don't you take my seat."

He shook his head. "I rather not."

"Don't make me force you." I got up and approached him.

"Just do it. I know it's disgusting, but you should probably rest." Shay insisted.

I nodded my head. "Yeah, what Shay said. Listen to your captain." I smirked.

Gist rolled his eyes. "Well, if you two insist. Then I guess I'll use this poor fool as a seat."

I smiled. "Atta boy."

Shay rolled his eyes and leaned back on the cement wall while Gist looked like he was about to upchuck whatever he previously ate when he sat down on the corpse. I approached Shay and examined him. "Can I help you with something?" He asked, startling me ever so slightly.

"No, but maybe I can help you. Losing your crew couldn't have been easy. Are you okay?" I leaned on the wall beside him.

He glanced down at the ground. "I'm fine."

I quirked an eyebrow. "Bullshit, tell me or I'll beat it out of you."

Cormac simply chuckled. "I'd like to see you try, Neah."

I grumbled in annoyance. "You have an incredibly strong pain threshold, don't you?"

"So, you do possess a brain in that skull of yours?" He gave me half of a smile.